I think this is the part that she's really been worried about, and I don't blame her. A gun is an incredibly dangerous weapon, especially when someone is inexperienced, but that's exactly why I'm teaching her how to use it today.

"Alright, now pick up the gun," I nod my head toward the black pistol sitting on the wooden counter in front of her. "Then click the safety off."

My chest is flush with her back, and I feel her take a deep breath before picking it up and doing what I say. Carefully, I reach in front of her, placing my hands over hers as she grips the handle. I raise both of our arms to point the gun at the paper target just a few yards in front of us.

"Now, I want you to focus on the center of the target," I say loudly, ensuring she hears me through the headphones. "And when you're ready, pull the trigger."

She nods her head, and I drop my hands to take a step back. I can see her shaking slightly as she holds the gun, and my heart clenches knowing how nervous all of this makes her.

She was never meant for this life. She shouldn't be here, learning how to properly use a fucking gun just so she can stay alive if she needs to. She should be on the beach, enjoying the sunshine as the waves crash against her legs, without a care in the world. That's where she belongs.

And I'll never forgive myself for taking that away from her.

I'm violently pulled out of my thoughts when the gun goes off, making me flinch in surprise. I blink a few times as I process what's happened, and that's when I notice exactly where the bullet landed.

Dead fucking center of the target.

"No fucking way," I chuckle breathlessly, my eyes widening at her when she turns to face me.

She has a wide smile on her face, clearly proud of her shot. "I did it!" She laughs, glancing between me and the target.

"You fucking did it!" I say, carefully taking the gun from her hands before setting it down to pull her into my arms. "You hit it perfectly. Holy shit."

She giggles as I place small pecks all over her face, her eyes pinching shut when my lips move across her lids.

"Harry, stop," she chuckles between my sloppy kisses, making me smile against her soft skin as she attempts to shove me off of her.

"How did it feel?" I ask her, running my hands up and down her leather jacket-clad arms.

"Honestly? Really fucking good," she states, bringing her bottom lip between her teeth before turning back around to face the target. "I can't believe it."

My cheeks begin to hurt from the smile painted on my face, my chest tightening with pride.

That's my fucking girl.

"Come on," I say. "Let's do a few more rounds, then we can go home."

I smack her ass playfully, making her yelp. She shoots me a dirty look, all while clearly trying to hold back her grin, which makes me smile even wider.

• • •

My head rises and falls against Katie's chest as she breathes, her fingers running carelessly through my hair.

We got home from the shooting range a little over an hour ago, after Katie hit the center of the target every fucking time. I even shot off a few rounds, and only once did I barely make it. She'll never admit it, but she's a natural, and it makes me feel ten times better knowing she'll be safe without me around.

We smoked a bit when we got back to my flat to calm us down after our mutual rush of adrenaline, and my whole body feels fuzzy from the high. I smile at how heavenly she feels against me.