Twenty-Seven

Chapter song:

Stone by Born Without Bones

-

"We're about to go meet a drug dealer, why do you care so much about what you're going to wear?" I ask Katie in annoyance

We have to leave in ten minutes, and she's been digging around in her closet for the last half an hour trying to find god knows what.

"I need something that says I'm cool," she huffs, shooting me a glare. "That he can trust me, just like you said."

"You really think he'll be able to get all of that from an outfit?" I snicker.

"Well, I don't know," she whines, pulling a black long-sleeved shirt out of her closet and inspecting it. "I've never done this before. I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing, Harry."

I shake my head, and watch as she undoes the tie holding her robe closed, letting the black, fluffy material drop to the floor. I swallow thickly when I notice the only thing underneath is a pair of red, lacy underwear; the rest of her body is completely exposed.

My lips part as I watch her reach for the black shirt again to pull it over her head, my eyes drifting down to her perfect tits before she covers them.

"What are you looking at?" She asks, pulling a pair of black jeans off of a hanger.

My eyes widen, and I attempt to pick my brain for any form of an answer aside from the truth. "Uh, your shirt," I clear my throat. "What's ADTR?"

She raises her brows, a shocked expression painting her face as she looks down at the orange lettering across her chest. "Seriously?" She tilts her head; I shrug my shoulders in response. "A Day To Remember?"

My cheeks flush as embarrassment washes over me. I was so focused on making up an excuse, that I didn't actually think about what was on her shirt.

"Right, of course."

I'm an idiot.

Katie laughs loudly at my flustered reaction, pulling the tight jeans over her legs. I roll my eyes, standing up and brushing my hair back with my fingers.

"Can you hurry?" I demand, walking over to where she's standing. "We need to leave."

"Alright, jeez," she mumbles, zipping up her pants and pulling her black Vans over her feet.

I stand by the front door as she quickly grabs the rest of her things, locking the door behind us after we step into the hallway.

"So, you like A Day To Remember?" I attempt to make conversation as we get into my car.

Why do I suddenly feel so nervous?

She furrows her brows at my question. "Uh, yes?" She responds, buckling her seatbelt as I start the ignition and pull away from the curb.