Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

Beast had to admit, he shouldn't have stayed to overhear the conversation but it was almost like observing a car crash. He couldn't look away.

"Anastasia!" Lady Tremaine snapped. "You are making a spectacle of yourself!"

"No mother, I am making a spectacle of you," Anastasia said. "And I thought you would be proud that I was doing something to elevate my status here, that I was doing something more than merely being a lowly shop keeper. Wasn't that your argument against my marrying Jacob in the first place?!"

I am going to be so late for work, Beast thought and yet his feet still did not move. He finally understood why Chip always seemed eager to dish gossip from his school with him back when Beast lived in Auradon.

Though in all fairness to the former teacup, two of the three members of Queen Ella's step family arguing in public for all the Isle to see was a smidge more interesting than whatever teenage shenanigans were happening.

"Anastasia that's enough! You're drawing a crowd," Lady Tremaine said, pulling Beast out of his thoughts as he could see her looking at him.

"So? I fail to see why that would matter mother unless you'd rather not have the Isle know you were denying them even more help! Not to mention denying them being treated by one of their own as opposed to being looked down upon by whatever Boreadon doctor decided to grace us with their presence!"

Beast shook his head and made his way into the restaurant. He had a feeling that the argument would last a while longer however he couldn't keep standing there. Lord Hades would only be so understanding after all.

"You're late," Hades said as Beast walked in.

"Yes Lord Hades," Beast nodded. He knew it wouldn't due to argue or make an excuse, not when Hades could have kicked him out onto the streets.

"...Have they started slapping each other yet?"

"Not yet Lord Hades."

Hades sighed. "Shame, I always wait for the day where Anastasia will finally slap Tremaine across the face. Though Anastasia does have her daughter and son to think about so maybe that's why she doesn't."

Shaking his head, Hades looked at Beast. "You're to watch and let me know if it does turn violent. No sense in all of us staying here if the Tremaine women scare off our customers."

"...Yes Lord Hades," Beast nodded. Was he shocked? Of course. Was he going to argue against watching to see if Lady Tremaine finally got slapped? Not on your life!

Beast shook his head and dragged himself out of his thoughts as he realized his son was still staring at him and Mal was glaring him down.

"Are you done? Mom needs help!" Mal snapped, never realizing that she'd called Persephone 'mom' for the first time. Of course, Beast knew by this point that if he'd pointed that out, Mal's walls would go back up and they were wasting time.

"Of course, sorry I got lost in thought," Beast said. "You two go to the hospital and scream as loud as you can to get someone's attention."

"But papa...you said to never scream in a hospital unless you're bleeding," Ben said, tilting his head.

"This is different," Beast said. "The sooner you two get someone's attention, and hopefully you get Anastasia Tremaine's attention but anyone will do, then the sooner Mal's brother or sister can arrive and Lady Persephone can get something for the pain."

"...Did...did I make Maman feel like that?" Ben asked as a scream could be heard from Lady Persephone's room. "I...I know Abby did but did I do it too?"