17.

"But I didn't mean I love him, I just meant I love the song Divine."

OMNISCIENT POV.
SAME DAY.

"Why is this girl not answering?" Imade asked herself entering back into her apartment. Her small pink bag was in one hand and the other hand held up her phone to her ear. She was calling Ella and Angie but they both weren't picking up.

"Miss girl." Lydia called out and Imade looked at her and Lara who were seated with their other friend, Maliya.

"Hi guys." Imade greeted giving them a fake smile. She removed her sneakers and they kept watching her movement which made her uncomfortable.

"You have new friends now, you no longer fuck with us." Lydia pointed out as she was about to enter her room.

Maliya muttered something under her breathe and Lara just kept her focus on her phone. Imade paused squinting her eyes at them.

Ummm...First of all, these guys don't even have time for me and they....I'm not even going to say anything...

Ignoring them, She opened the door to her room seeing Ella and Angie licking Ice-cream and eating chocolate cookies on her bed while watching a movie on her laptop.

"O My God." She shook her head taking in a deep breathe. They were so into the movie that they didn't hear her coming in.

"With your big heads." She pushed their head making them jerk forward.

"Guyyyy."

"My love."Angie and Ella said at the same. They were about to hug her but Imade stopped her.

"So you guys set me up?" Her facial expression looked like she was angry. Ella tooted her lips to the side while Angie scratched the back of her neck.

"I won't call it set up. It's more like we know you've been going through a lot lately. And you needed time to leave this lonely,toxic room and just vibe with your mans." Angie started off with a solemn look then got playful talking about vibing with her man.

"Exactly, I hope you truly enjoyed yourself ahd he didn't make you comfortable." Ella asked hopeful.

They waited for her to respond as she just stood there with a blank expression.

"You guys I embarrassed myself." She dramatically fell on the bed taking the ice cream.

"Why? What happened?" They asked. Imade used her eyes to tell Ella to pass the cookies. Ella hurriedly did pass it.

"I'm so embarrassed.." She closed her eyes tight savoring the vanilla taste of the ice-cream.

"I swear down she's whinin--"

"After listening to one of his unreleased songs, Divine, I felt so emotional and I kind of walked up to him, hugged and said I love Divine." She cut off a doubting Angie. They looked at her with wide eyes.

"But I didn't mean I love him, I just meant I love the song Divine."

"Cap." Ella and Angie said in unison.

"I swear when you hear the song you'd get so emotional too. So I just blurted it out." She covered her face which was now hot thinking back to it.

"What did he say after you said it?" Angie asked snatching the cookies from her and grinning.

"I didn't let him speak. I quickly changed the topic and said all the songs on the album are fire." She forced a big spoon of ice-cream in a mouth. She used a tissue paper to quickly clean her mouth.