Chapter 20 - Samantha

Aunt Flo

Aunt Flo.

I woke up alone with pain in my lower stomach and I knew that it's a bloody day. The boys had left early for their practice with a note beside our bed.

Ugh. These freaking cramps.

Thank God I had bought pads the last time we went shopping.

My thighs pain the most during these days. It's like someone is making a cut through my flesh then stitching it back up again and again and that too without freaking anesthesia.

Horrible.

I need something spicy and also something cold and sweet.

I love the feeling of brainfreeze.

I get up and see there are some spots on the sheets so I take those for washing. I load them in and I am waiting for it to be done.

A horrible wave of pain hits me. I crouch down holding my stomach with one hand and other on the cabinet so that I don't fall down.

That's when I hear Eli's voice.

"Sam! We are home."

"In here!"

I try to stand up but another wave of pain hits me. I whimper slightly.

"Sam, baby are you okay? What happened?"

Aid comes near me gently lifting me up. While Eli looks at me concerned.

"Periods."

"I am sorry baby. Let me get you to bed."

"The sheets.."

"It's okay kitten. Don't worry about it. Please rest. I'll grab you something to eat as well."

Aid carries me to our room. Gently laying me down, he pulls the quilt over me.

"Baby, do you need painkillers?"

"No." I wince.

"I rarely take painkillers unless it's really unbearable. I can go through this."

A pained sound escapes me. Elijah comes in with my favourite chocolate.

"Here kitten, I brought your favourite bounty."

"Thankyou Eli."

Gosh I love the coconut portion in this chocolate. It's so underrated.

"Oh god." I wince clutching my stomach.

I have really bad period pain on the first two days. I always used to curl up in a corner and cry myself to sleep. Now I have two pairs of concerned eyes watching my expressions like hawk.

"Tell me baby, what do you want?"

"Please cuddle me and put on some movie with a happy ending I can't cry anymore."

Elijah sits near me with his back on the headboard. While Aid search for a movie.

"Come on kitten, scooch in."

I gently shift between his legs with my head on his chest.

Gosh Eli smells so good.

I hear a chuckle. Yup I said that out loud."Yeah?" He mumbles with a grin and pulls me closer to him.

Crazy rich Asians starts playing. Okay. That will do.

I am cocooned between my boys. Eli rubs my arms in a gentle manner.

Aid softly kneads my stomach. Oh god that feels really good. I sigh happily. He keeps doing it.

I feel myself drowsy and I don't remember what happened in the movie either.

_____________________

"Mhm. Ramen." I mumble.

"Yup baby ordering it in, sleep some more."

I am woken up by Eli.

"Hey Kitten get up, let's get something into your system. Before you get...."

He looks at me confused. Not remembering the word I said to him when I read a book few days back.

"Emungry." I smile at him.

"Yup. Emungry." He smiles lazily at me.

We eat together and I feel loads better now. I look at my boys and think how much things have changed.

I am shaken by Aid.

"What's going in that pretty head of yours baby?"

"I am just happy. It's been so long I have been cared by someone. It was really hard. I always used to tell myself to toughen up and that there will never be someone who will love me and this is my life. But it was very hard you know? The only thing I wanted was someone to love me. And I have you both now, also our friends...but.."

I feel choked up with all these emotions clogging up. I am pulled into Eli's lap.

" Go on kitten. Get it all out. You will feel better."

And that's all it took for the dam to burst. They both held me throughout the time, mumbling sweet things, constantly assuring me that they are here with me and they will always be here with me.

And the more I think the only thing I feel right now is grateful. Grateful that I stayed strong and I was able to meet these beautiful people.

My beautiful boys.

___________________

Another one down.

We all have our darkest days but don't forget there is always light. Nothing is stagnant. It will all be okay♥️

Tell me what comes in your mind when I say happy?

The first thing that pops in my mind is my family. They are my everything ♥️

Laters, babies.