seven

Arriving at a large building filled with people, colorful lights, and blaringly loud music, the five kids walked up the path.

"Oh, great." Max groaned. "How are we ever going to find mom and dad in this place?"

They went through the front door, the people greeting everyone at the entrance shouted after them. "Hey, hey, kids, kids, kids! You can't go in there."

Blair turned around and wagged her hand in front of their faces. A gust of blue magic flowed from her palm, and the greeters ceased in their movement and went back to welcoming adults into the building.

She followed the small group up the stairs, arriving in the party not long after. Music from the stage danced in her ears, but Blair ignored it in search of Max's parents; ones she had no clue the identity of.

"I'm gonna look for mom!" Dani shouted over the loud music, carrying Thackery in her arms.

"I'll come with you!" Spoke the blonde, then she turned to Max and Allison. "We can meet up in a bit!"

"Alright! We'll go look for my dad!" Max responded.

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

"Oh my God, they're here." Blair whispered under her breath before turning to the small group. "Guys, they're here! We've gotta go!"

"Max! Listen to Blair, Max! The witches are here!" Dani shouted to him.

All of them turned their attention to the dance floor, spotting the three women. Max and Dani's parents looked around skeptically.

"Nobody's here, sweetie." Their mom reassured the young girl.

Allison called after Max as he ran off. "Where are you going?"

Not long after, Max crawled onto the stage and snatched the microphone from the singer wearing skeleton makeup. "Hey, cut the music!"

He proceeded to explain how everyone's children were in danger because the Sanderson sisters came back from the grave. Everyone laughed, thinking he was joking with them.

"Thank you, Max," Winifred spoke. "For that marvelous introduction."

The woman began to sing, much to Blair's horror. "Oh, no..." Her eyes widened in fear.

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

The five of them ran down the street, far from the malicious witches. They turned a sharp corner and into the back of a seafood place. All of them stopped to catch their breath, and Max began to aggressively kick one of the metal garbage cans.

"This is really bad!" He shouted.

Allison walked over to him. "Max, come on. Calm down."

"Look, I want you to take Dani back to your house and don't let her out of your sight!" Max told her.

"You need to lower your voice." Blair sharply said. "They could hear you, you dingbat."

"Max, I'm not leaving you." Dani spoke.

The door to the restaurant suddenly shot open with a loud bang, and the five of them ducked down out of sight. Blair watched a man take hold of a lobster before making his way back inside, and she released a relieved sigh. They all stood back up again.

"Uh-oh." Thackery directed everyone's attention to an incoming problem.

"Get down!" Blair ordered after noticing the Sanderson sisters were on their way down.

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

Inside Jacob Bailey High School, the group began to set up traps for the Sanderson witches. Blair prepared the kiln with Allison while the other three did other things.

Afterward, as they waited for the witches to come, Blair and Thackery sat in one of the stair wells. The blonde sighed.

"I can't wait for this to be over." She said.

Thackery snuggled into her side. "Do you think this will work?"

"... I don't know." Blair replied after a few seconds. "I hope so."

"And what if it doesn't? What do we do then?" He added.

"Then we try again. We don't stop until they go back to hell where they belong." She gritted her teeth at the thought of the women.

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Thackery spoke up. "I miss you... miss us."

"So do I." The blonde nodded. "Hopefully, after this is all over, we'll be able to be with each other in death since life gives no hope for our future."

Allison rushed over to them eradically. "They're here, get into your positions."

~⁠♪ ⁠~⁠♪ ~⁠♪

The Sanderson sisters ran into the kiln, laughing triumphantly. They danced around while they cheered.

"We've got them. We've got them!" Winifred exclaimed happily.

A short silence fell over all of them, and then Allison, Dani, and Blair shut and locked the large metal door; encasing the three women in the tiny room. Allison pushed the button, and heat began to erupt into the metal box.

All of them watched as the Sanderson sisters screamed out in pain, Thacker sitting on Blairs shoulder. The blonde waved through the window with a smile.

"Burn, you bitches. Burn." Venom dripped from Blairs words as she stared daggers into Winifred's eyes.