20. back to freddy's

He unlocked the door and we walked in. The cold air and the fact that the building had been empty and lifeless for weeks sent chills down my spine. I hated being here.

"I did not miss coming here every night," Michael sighs. "Not at all." I nodded, agreeing with him. This place had already been creepy enough, but killer animatronics and a psychopath were running around here. Yeah, no thanks.

"Me neither. Now, what do you think we should be looking for?" I ask looking around. It looked the same as the last time we had been here. Then I remembered seeing Jeremy lifeless on the ground. Just the thought made my blood run cold.

"Anything against my father." He says, making me focus on the task at hand. 

No time for distractions.

"Got it." I nod.

We both went separate ways, looking for any evidence to prove William had been behind the missing kids incident. I looked in the dining area, which was not a shocker, there was nothing there.

I eventually found myself wandering toward the backroom. Not a smart decision on my end, but I figured if we were going to find anything it'd be back here.

The door creaks as I open the door. The lights flicker, making me feel even more nervous being back here. The animatronics seemed to stay still, not moving. Which had been a good sign that I wasn't going to be brutally killed by a robot.

"C'mon, you guys gotta tell us something... anything." I groan looking down at the broken-down animatronics, miraculously hoping that maybe they would say something. The Puppet was the only one who said something.

I didn't even know if they could speak. And if any of them did, would they also be good? I mean they have tried to kill me and Mike. Maybe I shouldn't be so willing to trust them.

I walk over to the shelves, seeing if maybe something has been left on them. There seemed to be a lot of spare animatronic parts. I look over to see a yellow rabbit mask. I hadn't been familiar with the character at all. It looked like a spinoff of Bonnie.

I lifted the mask getting a good look at it. The mask had clearly been old and rotted. There was no reason for them to keep it. I wasn't even sure they could fix it at this point. It looked and smelled disgusting.

"Ow!" I wince noticing something in the mask had cut my hand. I looked at my hand, seeing a cut that had been bleeding profusely. I looked at the inside of the mask to see a sharp piece of metal sticking out.

My thoughts had been interrupted by the door opening. I look over expecting to see Mike, but my eyes widen when I see William. Immediately I rush behind the shelf, hiding as best as I can. I peeked through the shelf, trying to keep my eye on what he had been doing.

Why the hell was he here? Did he know we were here?!

"Hello children," He speaks walking around all the animatronics ominously. I couldn't move, I was terrified of making even the smallest sound. But I couldn't take my eyes off of him either.

"You guys will have some new friends soon, isn't that fun?" He speaks as if he were talking to children. Which to be fair they were.

But what the hell did he mean by 'new friends'? Did he mean Mike and me or someone else? Actually, it didn't matter because someone would get hurt regardless.

This felt like something I shouldn't even be seeing or hearing. It felt wrong. This all felt wrong. I needed to get out but there was no way unless he left. It made me feel repulsed.

"I'm a little disappointed in you guys though, I only asked for one favor and you couldn't even do it." He continues, sounding condescending. "Gabriel... Fritz... I know Michael is... Was your friend. But you have to listen to what I say. He's nothing to you."