saitama- "You've been acting really weird ever since you fell down from the sky. Are you sure some weirdo didn't do something to you?"

As tears continued to bawl out of Garou's eyes, he recalled he encounter he had with God before these powers were given to him...

garou- "If they did... It's because my spirit was too weak.
It's laughable. If I can't beat you, I can't become absolute evil. And then the hero that takes me down... Says 'I'm not cut out to be a hero'..? You could at least act like one. If you could've just killed me with a smug look on your face, waving around your crazy idea of justice... I could've gone out like true evil... Now, the one I wanted to save first by changing the world... Because of me, he's..."

Saitama was for once listening, the one foe in his life who have rivaled his strength, as short as it may have been... Yet Saitama knew Garou was lying.

saitama- "You wanted to save him? You weren't just clinging to him for support...?"

Something triggered in Garou as he finally started to get up, now on his hands and knees as he felt like what had just been said was an attack against
him.

garou- "Clinging... Me? What would you kno-"

As Garou started to give Saitama a vengeful look... he realized who he was talking to. His look softening as he saw what Saitama was holding in his hand... the thing that had made him fight Garou with one hand. Genos' core.

garou- ". Is that what you're doing too...?'

He thought to himself, letting his own mind admit that he was clinging to Tareo for support that he so desperately needed.

garou POV- 'There's no way a person with that level of power can keep in their right mind."

Garou was shellshocked at the realization, Saitama was likely more broken then he was. As Garou started to sit up, Saitama interrupted him from his thoughts.

saitama- "What are you gonna do now?"

A simple question... yet it made Garou's mind go through oh so many layers. Was there anything he wanted to do now? Absolute evil was unachievable so long as Saitama existed he had realized... so what now? And that's when it clicked.

garou- " I have a favor to ask."

saitama- "Copy"

It was a questioning thing to hear, especially for someone at Saitama's IQ level..

saitama- "So you say you want me to copy your copycat martial arts?"

Saitama questioned back, not even trying to insult him but trying to make sense of what had been asked. Garou had gained infinite knowledge after all, and that was infinitely more then Saitama would ever have.

garou- "Watch your mouth."

Garou threw back at Saitama, not bothered by possibly pissing him off. He didn't really care much for his life at this point anyways. Especially if this played out how he thought it would.

garou- "You should be able to copy my techniques and surpass them even further. I'm going to pass on to you the most powerful ultimate technique of
'my fist' as I envisioned it, which I haven't even managed to pull off myself, even after stealing God's powers. You should be grateful."

While the last part was mostly a joke, he also threw it in there to satisfy his pride. Of course Saitama was giving a look that started to question if he even wanted to do this due to how Garou presented it.

saitama- "I don't really care, honestly."

He came out with, the same stoic expression plastered onto his face in a humorous manner.

saitama- "What will that even accomplish now, anyway?"
saitama asked

garou- "Try it and find out!"

A look of seriousness, mixed with determination and ambition was filling Garou's eyes as they stared into Saitama's. It took a few seconds of contemplation from the Caped Baldy, however he seemed to be convinced.

saitama- "... Fine, alright. Guess I'll take whatever I can get, then."

As he said this, Garou started to put his arms and hands into a circle formation around his core, a huge glow of energy evident from them as he was showing them to Saitama. showing them to Saitama.

garou- "Jumping straight into leaning the ultimate secrets, that's fitting for a guy like you! Now, watch closely!"

Energy began to spiral inside the gap between his arms, said energy reaching all the way to Saitama who stood a few meters in front of him.

garou- "If anyone can master the power of God without taking God's hand, it's you.

As soon as that statement of treason was said, a voice filled both their heads.

GOD- "SILENCE. I AM TAKING THEM BACK"

Salt started to rapidly cover Garou's feet, he didn't have much time left. As Saitama was rapidly trying to copy what Garou was doing, some salt from Garou got into his mouth.

saitama- 'Salt...?'

When he next looked over to Garou, all the way up to his middle part of his chest was covered in that salt like substance.

garou- "Hey!". "CONCENTRATE!" garou said

Garou shouted out, knowing he only had a few seconds... if he couldn't do this, then there was no chance of Saitama setting things right for him. A look of seriousness came across Saitama's face as he seemed to achieve it.

The two of them were imagining their own inner universes. Particles and anti-particles... Generated in pairs by Garou's intense cosmic rays. As each subatomic particle began moving in opposite directions. They began to imitate each others movements.

garou- "Now Saitama, get going and defeat it!"

Saitama started to get pulled back by a mysterious force as he looked at Garou (who was covered in salt up to his neck) who continued to explain while images of Tareo's lifeless body filled his mind.

garou- "You of all people can do it... What you've got to defeat is... That ominous future!"

And with that... Garou fully turned into stone, perishing at that very moment while Saitama perfected his fist and went back in time.

That is where his story should end... but it isn't.
While Saitama perfected it and managed to go back in time to the right timeline, Garou also pulled it off... yet it was incomplete. He went back in time... but not in his universe. Reverting from his Cosmic Fear mode... to his fully monster form, to his half monster form.... finally turning into his white haired, 18 year old self. It was painful, going through a transformation which reverted him to his previous self. No where near as much as when through a transformation which reverted him to his previous self. No where near as much as when God possessed him, but it was still a bitch. He had no time to question it though... why?
He was falling out the fucking sky!
To be more exact, he was roughly ? miles high... free falling into the city below. It looked similar to most cities like City Z and Q... but different in a way he couldn't describe. While this normally wouldn't be a threat, since he's just a human currently, this would likely hurt no matter how he landed. All he could do was land in the most comfortable way possible. There was an issue though... all of his muscles hurt from the battle with Saitama, he couldn't even move.

Shi-"

SMASH

garou wakes up in a forest feeling the pain from his battle with saitama

garou- "did it work.. is he.. wait, where the hell am i"