Introduction

Kolkata

'There's a city in the east Where they don't mind you Staying forever in bookshops And never buying a thing.

Where, over a cup of chai
You can discuss politics, philosophy, morality, literature, and most importantly football
With some strangers and end up with four new friends.

Where you can find kids With well thumbed copies Of Asterix and Tintin. Family heirlooms have never been funnier.

Where everyone is always late And nothing ever gets done on time. Yet, miraculously, it all still works. Time, you see, has no dominion here.

Where they still know how
To love someone right.
Hand-written letters, poems.
Evenings spent hand-in-hand looking up at the sky.

So when you ask me where I go When my eyes are far away Know that I go east, I go home.'

Calcutta as pronounced by the British is a city full of light is the eastern state of West Bengal

Calcutta as pronounced by the British is a city full of light is the eastern state of West Bengal. It lies in the southern part of Weat Bengal near the coast. Kolkata has two parts- North Kolkata and South Kolkata.

Its rich in culture, minerals, food and fashion. The month of October and November (mainly) brings immense pleasure to the people of Kolkata who are mainly Bengalis due to the clue of what amount of joy the months bring.

The city is not only full of traditions and all but also has a significant amount of royal and modern luxury and palaces all among the city. From starting to old, vintage royal palaces used by the ancient Nawabs to the modern, high tech hotels and villas with all facilities of modern luxury.

The City is also full of green and harmony all around. To watch its sunset people gather in the famous riverside of Ganga (Ganges) , to witness the beauty of nature and to share it with our loves ones.

More pictorial chapters are coming to give a taste of the ✨City of Joy ✨