✰ Chapter 03 ✰

Start from the beginning

I push him out of my mind and hurry to put my shoes on by the door. When I stand up and turn towards the door to leave Mikey is standing there, he's basically the same height as me, maybe an inch or two taller so I don't have to look up at him.

His dark eyes bore back into mine. That's when I noticed water dripping from the ends of his hair and his chest was bare.

It takes all of me to not look down but I can expect he's only in a towel. "You forgot something," he says, holding up my bag of dorayaki. "It was on the handle of your motorcycle, nice bike by the way. Ninja ZX-14R, impressive" he smiles.

My cheeks warm heavily, so heavy I'm barely resisting the smile trying to consume my face "Thank you." I say, taking the bag from his hands.

He looks into my eyes for a few seconds, holding my gaze and for some reason, I can't look away "Bye Hikari." Mikey moves out of the way of the door.

"Thanks again," I say as I open the door

"Don't worry about it." He says but I'm already outside, I get on my bike pull my phone out and it's one in the morning but I have 50 missed calls both from my mom and Michi.

Shit.

I stuff my phone back into my pocket and drive off, on my way home. My mother might actually murder me.

I've been out all day, not to mention the Dorayaki is cold now.

When I finally get home my mom is sitting on the couch, the TV isn't on and neither are the lights. I can tell she's been sitting there for hours.

Waiting for me.

"I go to work every day to make sure you have everything you could want and need."

"Mamá -"

She raises her hand telling me to shut up and I do just that, "And this is how you repay me? Coming home at 1 a.m. with a black eye?"

"I'm sorry Mamá, I didn't mean to come back this late, I just lost track of time," I say, but knowing my mother nothing can soothe the rage she is feeling.

"Go to your room, Takemichi was worried he got here a few hours ago," she says in a low tone, she's still mad but I'm sure she'll be over it by tomorrow.

I placed the bag on the dinner table "I'm sorry Mamá." I say, laying a kiss on her cheek before I head to my room.

Michi was sitting on my bed, his hair wasn't gelled up like normal, it was a mess, his blonde locks sitting on his forehead covering his eyebrows.

"What the hell happened to your eye Hikari?" He asked,

"I almost got jumped by these two assholes." I say, "They kicked my bike over and I hit my face on the concrete."

"These assholes still with us?"

I smile "Yeah but they lost some teeth, and might not remember what happened today."

Michi nods "Then where were you all day"

I think about how to answer the question as I grab clothes, and my towel from the drawer to shower. "With a friend." is all I say, it isn't technically a lie but definitely isn't close to the truth either. "Are you staying over?"

"Yeah."

"Try not to take up the whole bed this time," I say, leaving my room and heading for the bathroom.