007

"I've caught two fish." reported Soonyoung, returning to the group with two fish in his hands.

"No one asked." said Jihoon in a monotone voice.

Soonyoung had left the group fifteen minutes prior to find something to eat. Dokyeom had since calmed down, but he was distancing himself from the group, scared of hurting them again.

Soonyoung ignored Jihoon. "So, who's cooking today?"

"I'll do it." shrugged Vernon. "Seungkwan, want to help me?"

"Sure." said Seungkwan, kneeling beside the fire with Vernon.

Mingyu plopped down next to Wonwoo, who was sitting with his back against a tree, staring into space. "You okay?"

Wonwoo nodded, not even blinking. "I'm fine. Go."

Mingyu stayed put. "I know you don't like talking to people, but I want to talk to you. Is that alright?"

"Why do you want to talk to me? There's eleven other boys here, go talk to one of them." said Wonwoo.

"Exactly my point. There are eleven other boys here. But I want to talk to you."

Wonwoo looked up, confused and surprised. Mingyu smiled, showing off his perfectly white canines.

"What do you want to talk about?" sighed Wonwoo reluctantly.

"I don't know. I just want to be with you." said Mingyu. "Do you want to talk about anything in particular?"

"Not really. I'm socially anxious. But I have a reason." said Wonwoo quietly.

"May I ask what the reason is?" asked Mingyu.

Wonwoo sighed. "When I was young, my parents told me I wasn't allowed to speak. They would hit me if I did. I hate to say it, but I was glad when they died in that boat wreck. We never had a good relationship."

"I'm sorry." said Mingyu, truly sorry for the elder. "I wish I could say something better."

"I don't need a speech." said Wonwoo. "I just need a friend."

"Well, you've found what you were looking for, then." said Mingyu, smiling. "I'll be your friend."

"You know..." said Wonwoo, and what he did next shocked Mingyu.

He smiled too.

"I think I'd like that."

***

After dinner, they all sat around the fire on their tree stumps again. None of them knew what to say.

"So if we all want to be idols..." said Seungkwan finally. "Why don't we sing a bit?"

"Good idea, Seungkwan." praised Jeonghan. "Just sing what comes to mind. Maybe we can make a song out of it."

"Can I start?" asked Joshua.

Jeonghan nodded. "Just point at someone else to sing when you're done."

Joshua took a deep breath. He had something in mind.

You and I together, shall we

Sit around and stare at each other?

The weather that resembles you

All the memories on the flowery path

Put a small note in front of you

If we hand it over to each other

It seemed like it was going to be okay

Let's make our hearts easier in the future

You'll be able to figure it out