I DON'T MEAN NO DISRESPECT, BUT DAMN, WE JUST MET, CALM THE F*** DOWN.

Start from the beginning

"Definitely insecure," I mumbled to myself in a sing-songy tone, hoping he didn't hear.

He lifted me up again and gripped the bird cage tightly.

I heard Eda speak, apparently scolding Luz. "Now, why were you on that ship to begin with?"

Luz stammered, trying to find her words. "But Y/N-"

"Y/N was here too?! Where are they?! You both coulda' gotten killed!"

"That can still be arranged," The Golden Guard spoke, loud enough for them to hear.

My eyes went wide with awe as the giant water fist rose up from the sea, elevating us high up. It then burst as he jumped out and landed on the sand as steam floated from his mask.

"I hate to admit it, but that was actually impressive," I angrily mumbled.

"I know," He mumbled back with a sassy tone.

Luz and Eda's eyes widened as they saw me being carried by him. I awkwardly waved.

He cleared his throat. "Hello, criminals. What's about to happen should be relatively painless, if you just do what I say."

"And why would we do that?" Luz interjected.

"Because none of you can use real magic, and the only one of you who can is currently tied up right now." He answered.

"You don't know that!" Luz crossed her arms and looked away.

He shrugged, "Maybe not, but I do know you're standing on a plant that eats flesh," He pointed out.

Luz and Eda look down and notice that the plant is steaming. They quickly jump off it, freaking out.

The Golden Guard chuckled, "Okay, okay. So the human will remain a sailor to repay all the money she lost, while the Owl Lady will be arrested again, for attacking one of the Emperor's ships, and this wild witch will come along too for aiding and committing acts against the Emperor." He concluded.

"Wait, Emperor's ship?" Luz whipped her heard towards Eda.

"They're the only ones worth robbing! Never mind that, get your hands off of my kid! And why are you guys even hunting down the Seikodomus? It's a peaceful creature, and you're provoking it!" She demanded before questioning the Golden Guard.

"The Emperor ordered me to slay one, I'm just following orders," He hummed.

"Well, I'm just gonna smack you around a bit!" Eda ripped off her arm and wielded it as a weapon. She swung at him but missed as she got blasted away.

"Eda!" I yelled. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to squirm out of his grasp.

Luz ran behind him and attempted to use a fire glyph. "Leave Eda and my best friend alone!" She yelled.

"How about," He hummed and powered his staff. "I leave you dangling above the Boiling Sea?" Using his staff, he manipulated the land to move them right just above the steaming water. 

"Around these parts, just the steam is enough to cause third degree burns," He informed and then brought them back to land.

"But I don't have to be that mean. No one will have to be a sailor or get arrested, if one of you follows those Selkidomus tracks and slays the beast. Here! I'll help!"

He materialized a sword and handed it to Luz, to which she whined.

"You're not really gonna make her do it, are you?" I worriedly asked.

"She's making this difficult," He groaned in response. "Go, or I drown the bird and kill your little "best friend" here," He gestured to me and lifted up the tarp on the bird cage, revealing King.