12 - Super-Soldier

Start from the beginning

"Not this again." Jaune complained loudly. "I told you I'm fine, Pyr."

"You're wearing jeans and a shirt," the Invincible Girl's tone was concerned and exasperated. "Your aura protects you, but look at your state."

Jaune's clothes were riddled with holes from the fight with the scorpion Grimm.

"Don't worry about it. I have more of these in my closet."

"What kind of dirt you have on the headmaster for him to give you so many clothes for free?"

...

The silence that followed Nora's question was far too unsettling for something that sounded like a joke.

"Why don't you at least buy some new boots?" Pyrrha seemed to be pleading for Jaune to use common sense.

"What's wrong with my sneakers?"

It's a shame that pleading for something that doesn't exist won't help.

"They're good for running and training, not for a mission in the middle of the forest with mud and steep terrain."

"What are you talking about Pyr, you wear heels."

It was rare to see Jaune using logic and common sense to shock someone. Usually, he'd make an inappropriate joke or flirt with if they were an attractive woman.

"What's wrong with my heels?" the Mistral Champion asked, soaked with fear and insecurity.

"Nothing, you look stunning in them."

Pyrrha's face became completely red, and she turned away to hide her embarrassment.

Now this is the Jaune Arc I know, though unintentionally, I'm starting to notice a pattern in his behavior. The cruder, heavier, and more inappropriate the comment, the more likely Jaune made it on purpose. The more sincere, kind, and sensitive the comment, the more likely he made it unintentionally.

"My heels have soles with an aggressive traction pattern, deep grooves, and a rubber composition that provides grip on various types of terrain, including slippery and uneven surfaces."

"Really?" Jaune asked skeptically.

"Look." Pyrrha raised her foot for Jaune to verify the truth of her words. "They are reinforced to provide additional protection against cuts and impacts, and they're also waterproof."

"Wow!" Jaune exclaimed, surprised. "You're right, my sneakers are garbage compared to these."

"In fact, Jaune," I commented, drawing the young leader's attention. "This kind of footwear is what all Huntsmen use, even those in training." I finished speaking by showing him the sole of my shoe.

"Exactly." Laughing, Nora showed hers too. "Why don't you use your powers to create some magical super sneakers?"

I couldn't help but laugh at Nora's silly idea.

"Jaune's Semblance can do many things, but I doubt he can create magical items."

"HAHAHA!" This laughter seemed more forced than usual. "I can't create magical items, what a silly idea."

Immediately afterward, Jaune's golden Semblance mist manifested, materializing what appeared to be a triangular yellow box the size of a pillow.

"Your chocolate." He said, tossing the box to Nora.

Was that a chocolate bar? Impossible.

There must be several chocolates in there. There's no way that triangular box, nearly 80 cm in length and 12 cm in width and height, contains a solid chocolate bar.