"We're Juniors!" She squealed.

"I know!" I squealed back. And then we started walking towards the lobby of the school.

Familiar faces are in here. Some are from the same high school I went; they're the freshmen this time. But a huge number of the students in here are new to me. Good thing Aliza and I are classmates at some minor subjects. I am taking up Hospitality Management while Aliza took up Tourism Management. Glad we are on the same department too, The Management Department.

Aliza and I proceeded to our classroom where group of students are buzzing like busy bees on honey harvest season. Students are everywhere, I've know only a few from my block and that's all there is to be. No, I am not anti-social nor a pariah. I just happen to love the solidarity and the feeling of being surrounded with books in the library and the sound of the wind gushing as I sat at the bench under a great oak tree.

It feels like the first year at W.U again.

All the seats at the back were taken and as much as I want to sit at the back near the window, there's no vacant. Seats on the front row remained empty and I found a seat in the front row but near the window so we took it. Aliza sat next to me.

Soon, the teacher arrived and she said that we have to introduce ourselves in front of the whole class. Like that was unusual. All teachers do that to spare themselves long hours of talking over the lessons they prepared.

Are we freaking high schoolers? I looked around and it was only then that I realized, there are only quite a few of my classmates in here. It must be because of the yearly deliberation of students. I was lucky to have stayed at class A from day one up until now.

So one by one, my classmates introduced themselves. There were various types of students in this class. Studious. Prodigies. Sons and daughters of wealthy and influential people. Bitchy ones. Introverts. Extroverts. Nerdy. And some other sorts. Until it was my turn to stand in front of them.

I stood and began walking and talking heavy footsteps one at a time. It brings out the first day moments, how can I be nostalgic at this time? Imagine how much time I wasted just for walking. And how much more time I spent on just standing there and look at my classmates like I am trying to memorize their faces. It took me a few seconds and a little encouraging smile from Aliza to finally open my mouth and speak.

"I... G-Good Morning, everyone. I a-am Rebecka Graham. You can call me Becky. I-I hope we can all be friends." That was it. That was all I have to say before I came rushing towards my seat, shaking.

Aliza held my hand and said, "You did well."

So by this time I think you know where I belong in all the various types of students there are in this room.

I maybe very talkative at some point when I'm with Aliza and my family, but it is always different with other people. I am like a turtle, always hiding in her shell afraid that people might see me.

Well that's just me. Like what I told you, I am just a normal girl.

***

After class, we went home straight because there are a few homeworks our generous teachers left us to do.

"Mom, I'm home." I said.

"Oh, good. Can you wash the dishes, Becky? Your sister seems deaf. I've been calling her name but she coming down." That's what Mom greeted me.

"Yeah, sure. I just have to change." I said then went to our room. My sister and I share the same room but of course with individual beds.

"Mom said she's been calling you but you're not answering." I said to my sister who's on her bed and is busy with I don't know what.