4. Lost in her

Start bij het begin

Reyansh said making my heart skip a beat. She is going to be there? I can meet her? God, I am not about give this opportunity up.

"Are you sure we should? I'm doubtful she'll ever want to handle our business. She's got her M.B.B.S degree." Said Mr. Singhania and I started shaking my head, disagreeing with him in my cabin as if he could see me. She should definitely learn business. It's always helpful even with an M.B.B.S degree. No other reason.

" What's the harm? If she wants to, the entire company is hers." Said Reyansh. God! I like this guy. Always the sensible one.

I was intently waiting for his answer. It was like the climax of the movie and I was sitting at the edge of my seat, eagerly waiting for what he has to say. To be or not to be is the question.

Mr. Singhania nodded and finally agreed. I sprung out of my chair and victoriously punched the air, bubbling with happiness. That's when I realised what I'm doing. I am acting like a fucking toddler for a girl I've never met, never seen. I need to hold onto my horses...for now. Some King I have to be.

" But it would have been better if Rana Sa would've joined us as well. He truly has an impeccable business sense and by the looks of it, he seemed like a very intelligent boy for his age as well." Said Mr. Singhania.

That's true. I am very smart. I have an IQ of 130 and finished my masters by the age of 21. I handled our business and Kingdom Affairs after that and have taken both of them to new heights. But that wasn't the important part of the conversation. The important part was that I need to be there to meet her. Don't worry, that will be taken care of.

I dialed Arjun Bhai.

" Bhai, what date is the meeting with Singhania and Co. scheduled for?" To be honest, it didn't matter when it was or what time it was, I would be there. Even at 4 a.m on a fucking Sunday.

" It is on Wednesday. Why do you ask?" He asked out of curiosity.

Oh! My brother. Always the gossip monger.

"I am attending it." I said with my tone reflecting the finality of the decision. But obviously inko satisfaction thodi milegi itne se. Jab tak pura interview nahi lenge tab tak shanti kahan padegi.

" Oh, you can't! You have another meeting. Don't you worry though, I will handle it. Acche se meeting hi jayegi and deal bhi sign is loonga. Tension mat le, main hoon na." He said sarcastically. He knew what he was doing. He always knows what I'm up to.

'Main hoon na' I mentally respeated the words in a mocking tone.

Arre par rehna toh mujhe hai na! Kahan se aaye hai aise namune meri zindagi mein.

Though the exact words were unsaid, both of us knew why I wanted to attend it but this is the fucking problem of having an Indian family, they are extremely interfering. Shanti toh hai hi nahi.

" Cancel it. I want to be there for the signing. It will be good for our company" I said. The words weren't even half as true as I made them to be. This deal won't even make our company more profitable by 5% but it was still important.

" Sure, sure. If that's what you say." He said and hung up on me. I glared at the phone in my hand hoping that it passes my glare onto my brother along with a few punches and slaps as well if possible. I slammed it on my table but looked forwards with a smile. 5 days more.

They want me there to meet her so I will be there. Future possible son-in-law hoon unka bas ladki ko abhi tak pata nahi hai I exist. That's the only problem. It's okay pata chal jayega very soon.

I mentally slapped myself. What am I doing? I am 25 not 15.

God! What the hell is wrong with me? Why the hell am I acting like a love-sick moron. I need to calm down. Baby steps, Ayaan, baby steps.

Navya...her name was enough to turn me into this. God knows what will happen the day I meet.

 God knows what will happen the day I meet

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

" Cancel it. I want to be there for the signing. It will be good for our company" Ayaan said over the phone call making me smile. God! This guy! He's only heard her voice yet and he's already whipped.

The moment Reyansh Singhania got up to take the phone call my eyes were glued to Arjun's signature expressionless face. The same face that he has been carrying for years. Being the future King trains you to school your emotions in front of everyone and never to expose your vulnerabilities but that wasn't how my brother ever was. He was always overly expressive about all his feelings, be it hate or love. The fact is that he forgot to express himself in front of his family as well in the same process. But I guess what people say about the world is true, you can't stay innocent for very long and it will change you sooner or later.

As soon as a girl's voice spoke over the phone, I witnessed on what can only be called a miracle of a blue moon, kudrat ka Karishma. I saw Ayaan freeze. His hands, eyes frozen and his breath hitched. I knew who she was. Reyansh and I were in the same class and I've met his sister. In fact, she and I got along very well. Sweet girl. But I had to ask her name so that my idiot of a brother doesn't make a fool of himself. I could see how desperately he wanted to.

I am really happy to know that woh insaan toh hai at least. In the past few years, I have seen Aryan bring home a lot of girls but Ayaan only ever had one and when she left him, she didn't only break his heart, she broke his spirit and him to his very core. We tried our best to being him back but the damage done was irreversible. After years, today, I am seeing my brother behave like his old self.

Impatient. Inquisitive. Idiotic.

" Sure, sure. If that's what you say." I said and hung up on him. Uhh! I can't wait to go back home and tell everyone about this. Dinner today is going to be a gala time.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.