Chapter Two

The deeper into the forest you ventured, the more alert you would have to be for danger

The deeper into the forest you ventured, the more alert you would have to be for danger. This, however, did not apply to the nymphs. Because nymphs were the danger.

The majority of nymphs were impish, always out to create trouble for humans. Many targeted specific types of people they didn't like on purpose, just to have some fun. Not many humans believed in such types of creatures, and they were thus they were the most targeted. Either by luring them in with seductive looks, or agonizing them when they were hidden, the nymphs would find marvelous ways to create disorder.

In some rare cases, a few nymphs left the forest and decided to live with the humans instead. Either hiding their ears or using up most of their magic to remove the sharp edges, they would enroll in jobs like gardening or athletics. They were banned from entering the forest ever again and were seen as traitors.

Often, parents would find ways to scare their over-adventurous children from going into the forest. Tons of lines went: "Don't go too far all the elves will find you."

This infuriated the nymphs living amidst them. Elves?! ELVES?! Elves don't even LIVE in this region. I'll show these assholes-

Of course, humans knew nothing about the nymphs in the forest. Those who saw them never returned to tell the story, and nobody listened to the individuals who believed in them. The crowd who believed in nymphs were often laughed at and told to go and share their ideas with somebody who cared.

Over time, nymphs faded away in the current world. Elves were their more popular cousins: creating tension between the former and the latter. However, both were thought of as imaginary, or at least instinct.

Instinct they were not, and neither were they just a figment of fiction. If you were brave enough to go to the deepest part of the forest, you would reach a huge clearing. It would not be considered a clearing: A town of nymphs.

The treetops connected with pieces of special cloth suspended perfectly straight in the air. Connected to the cloth roads were soft beds made of material that seemed like clouds. It was bustling with magic; the ground was decorated with more pillow-like cushions inside small cozy boxes made of more strange material. The cloth connected every branch together, yet there was still plenty of sunlight down next to the grass.

Except today, nymphs weren't chattering around as normal. It was sunset as they gathered around the wooden stage, right in the center of the clearing. Standing on it were two nymphs: the ruler standing upright, and another nymph crouching on it's knees, yet staring up defiantly.

"What's she doing up there?"
"I heard something about her being a mortal."
"No, no, I just cut her hair yesterday, and her ears were definitely our kind."
"Then what does Queen Yeoreum want from her?"

Queen Yeoreum had the most shiny silver hair that anybody had seen, human or nymph. Her blue eyes peered at the nymph at her feet with disdain. "And what's your name?"