Wᴀᴋᴇ Uᴘ (3)

Start from the beginning

When Layla looks over, she sees the three boys standing there. "Oh my god." She mutters.

"There's my brave girl." Victoria says not hearing her.

"Hey, Julie, I really like what you guys did with the place." Luke whispers to her

"You shouldn't be here." She says back.

Victoria gasps. "Oh, I'm just here to help, mija."

"Oh... I think that's our cue to leave." Alex says as Luke nods

"She means, you should be at Pilates." Layla says quickly, "Thanks for bringing us food." She smiles as she hugs her. Victoria hugs her back with a smile.

"Oh." She chuckles, "It's nothing and now that
you're no longer in the music program, you can concentrate on classes that matter." She says to Julie. Layla grimaces at Ray's expression. "You got the e-mail from the school, right ?"

"Yeah. We're still discussing it." Ray says eyeing Julie

"Bueno. I'm off to Pilates." She sighs, "Mwah !" She blows a kiss to Carlos

"Oh yeah !" Carlos says before grabbing the kiss out of the air and hitting it with an air baseball bat. "Wa-chow ! It's gone."

Victoria giggles before giving Layla and Julie a kiss on the head and leaving out the back door.

There's an awkward silence that falls over the room.

"So, Julie, wanna hear how I slid into home and was almost safe ?"

"I definitely wanna hear." Layla says

"You're a good brother and cousin. That's not gonna work." He says before pointing upstairs.

"I tried." Carlos says taking his plate into the living room.

"Sorry, Jules." Layla whispers as she takes her plate upstairs.

Layla just barely makes it to her room to set her plate down. As soon as she sits on her bed, she hears rock music blaring outside. Her eyes go wide as she jumps up and sprints downstairs.

"What's that ?" Carlos says as she comes down and hurries toward the back door

"We must have left the stereo on in the garage." Layla says passing the table

"We'll go get it." Julie says following her.

Layla makes it before Julie does and sees the boys playing music. She stands there trying to get their attention as Julie comes in beside her.

"Guys ! Guys, stop !" Julie yells. Like turns still playing his guitar. "Enough ! Stop !"

"Cut it out !" Layla yells. The boys end the song with smiles on their faces. "You're gonna blow out everyone's ear drums."

"The whole neighborhood could hear you. I thought we told you to leave." Julie says crossing her arms

"Wait. People can hear us play ?" Luke asks

"Yes ! And so did my dad and my brother !"

"W-W-Wait." Alex says standing up with drumsticks in his hand. "Wait. So, only you two can see us, but everyone can hear us ? I mean, what kind of ghosts are we ?"

"Who cares, man ?" Luke chuckles, "People can hear us play !"

"We might be dead, but our music isn't." Reggie smiles

The girls look over as Ray walks in. "Dad !" Julie says

"Hey. Just making sure you two are okay."

"Yeah, we're fine. Just had to turn off the CD player." Layla nods