Wᴀᴋᴇ Uᴘ (2)

Start from the beginning

"Are you still here... whatever you are ?" Julie says loudly. It stays quiet as Layla raises her brows. Julie looks around before she drops her arms.

"I told you, you were insane, Jules."

"I know I saw something. I'm not crazy." She sighs as they stop in the middle of the room.

"Well, we're all a little crazy." They hear

The girls turn and Julie immediately starts screaming as she holds the cross out. The three boys jump as they back away.

"Oh my God ! Please stop screaming !" The blonde says

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my mom's studio ?" Julie says

"Your mom's studio ?" The long haired one says as he steps closer. Julie immediately points the cross at him as he backs up, "This is our studio. Trust me, my..." He says as he scoots across the piano. "The grand piano is new, and... and... and ... My couch !" He chuckles as he falls back against it.

He sits up as he looks around, "That is definitely not my six-string. Can you give me just one second ?" He says standing up. Julie jabs the cross toward him. "Just... give me a second. Thank you." He says as he and the two other boys go into a circle.

"I told you." Julie whispers harshly

"They're not ghosts, Julie. They just came out of nowhere."

"Exactly. Out of thin air." She says putting emphasis on each word.

The girls turn as the boys turn back to them. Julie holds the cross out again as the blonde comes toward them.

"Why are you in our studio ?" He says loudly

Julie pushes the cross to him, but it goes straight through.

"Huh !" She exclaims

"Oh my god !" Layla says with wide eyes, "How did you do that ?"

"Clearly, you're not understanding..." He chuckles before turning to the boys, "Clearly, she doesn't get it. Okay, look. We're ghosts, all right ?"

"Ghosts." Layla says

"We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers. They really brighten up the room."

"We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve." The long haired boy speaks up

"Tell your friends." Another boy smiles

"Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives."

"I'm, uh... I'm pretty sure it did." The blonde says

"This is freaking me out." Julie says as she pulls out her phone.

"What is that ? What are you doing ?"

"It's my phone." Julie says

"Julie ! Stop talking to them. They aren't real." Layla says looking over her shoulder at her phone

"Right, there's no such thing as cute ghosts."

"Oh, think we're cute ?" The raven haired boy says. Both girls look at him with furrowed brows before looking back down at Julie's phone.

"Who you calling ?" The blonde says

"She's Googling Sunset Swerve." Layla says

"Sunset Curve !" They all say almost offended

Layla shakes her head as Julie googles them. "Whoa. There is a Sunset Curve."

"You did die. But not last night." Layla shakes her head, "Twenty-five years ago ?"

"What ? No. No, no, no. Th-Th-That's impossible. After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did was go to that weird, dark room where Alex cried." The raven haired boy says

"Well... I don't think..." The blonde, Alex, says in a high pitched voice, "I think we were all pretty upset. Okay."

"But that was just for like an hour. We just showed up here." The long haired boy says

"Look. I'm just telling you what her phone says." Layla says taking the phone and holding it out to them. "See ? You died in 1995. When you were 17. It's now 2020."

"So, this is the future ?"

"Wait. So... So, it has been 25 years." Alex says, "I have been crying for 25 years ? How is that possible ?"

"Well, you're a very emotional person."

"I am not !"

"Thought you were afraid to come out here." They hear. Everyone turns and the girls realize it's Carlos, Julie's younger brother. "You talking to your ghost friend ? How does he look ? Is he hideous ?"

"He can see you." Alex chuckles to the raven haired boy

"No, he can't." Julie says

"What ?" Carlos says looking around

"What do you want ?" Layla says

"A normal sister, for starters." He says, "Stop being weird and come eat."

Carlos walks out as Julie looks to the boys, "He couldn't see you."

"Yeah. I mean, that's... usually how ghosts work." Alex says

"Hmm."

Julie sighs before she grabs Layla's hand and pulls her to the door. "Look, I'm very sorry for what happened to you guys, but this isn't your studio anymore. You have to leave."

"But wait. We..." The long haired boy speaks up. Julie and Layla turn to him, "We didn't get your name."

"It's Julie."

"Cool." He chuckles, "I-I'm Luke,by... by the way. And this is--"

"Reggie. I'm Reggie." He smiles, "Hey."

"And..."

"Alex. How's it going ?"

"Ba-da." Luke says softly

"Okay ?" Julie shrugs before she walks off. Layla turns to follow her.

"Wait, I didn't catch your name." Luke says

"Layla." She says simply before walking off. Luke nods before turning back to Alex and Reggie.

"They seem nice." Reggie says

"Did you miss the part where she kicked us out, or..." Alex says. Reggie thinks to himself as Alex nods, "Yeah. Okay." He says before turning away.

______________________________________