AB; Book 2: Part 1

~A few days later~

After running out of those special gummies, Amity was naturally less than thrilled. This, of course, upset the Twins in turn. Especially Emira.

Amity puts on her jacket. Preparing to leave the house when Emira stops her. "Hey, where're you going?" She asks. Amity sighs. "I'm hanging out with Willow today. I told you this morning." She says. Emira looks confused. "Huh? Didn't you get Luz's text?"

"I didn't get any text-" Amity says, opening the door to find Hunter, Gus, and Viney standing there. She looks confused, before the realization pops in her head. "Oh no. Tell me it's not-"

"Reading day~!" Gus cheers, stepping inside the house. Viney sighs. "Sorry for the intrusion. We got the text saying we were starting your dad's next diary."

Amity blinks. "Today? Are you kidding me?" She groans. "Willow is going to kill me!"

Hunter and Viney step inside. Amity is about to shut the door when Luz runs up. "Hi, Baby!" She says to Amity quickly, rushing inside and shutting the door. Amity looks confused. "Wha-? Luz, what's going on?

"I texted everyone that I wanted to start your Dad's second diary." Luz says, taking a seat on the couch beside Emira. Amity blinks. "Today?" She asks. Luz nods. "Yeah. Is there a problem?" Luz asks suspiciously. Amity shakes her head. "I mean, I was supposed to go shopping with Willow today... she made sure to keep my Saturday free for it."

"Honestly, Mittens, it's a bit unfair to make the rest of us do everything on your schedule." Emira says. Viney scoffs. "Says the one who started this whole mess." She says, rolling her eyes as she feels Emira's angered glare. "Anyway, I don't exactly have a life outside of you people, so my schedule pretty much bends around the Flyer Derby team's anyway, what's one more person?"

"Same." Hunter says. Gus shrugs. "I don't really care as long as I'm out of here by 5:30."

"Oooh~ got a hot date?" Edric teases. Gus rolls his eyes, his cheeks turning red. "It's not a date. Matt just wants some help with his Illusions homework." 

"Oooooooh~" Edric, Hunter, and Viney all tease.

"So, is everyone here?" Emira asks. Luz nods. "Yup!"

Amity looks over the group, doing a quick headcount before she realizes.

"Wait, where's Willow?" She asks. Luz and Emira both share a nervous glance. "She must not have gotten the text." Emira says. Amity raises a brow. "I'm going to find her." She says. "Ami, wait."

But when Amity opens the door again, the group finds an agitated-looking Plant Witch on the other side. She steps inside, her anger focused on Luz. "Are you fucking joking me right now? Why did I get the text from Hunter and not you?!"

Luz looks over to Hunter, who all of a sudden looks extremely nervous. Luz chuckles nervously. "I must have forgotten to tap your contact when I sent the message. My bad."

Willow raises a brow. "I don't believe that, but I'll let it go for now." She sits on the floor beside Viney. Amity sits next to her. "Well, now everyone's here." She says. Luz scoots off the couch and sits next to Amity, holding her hand tightly. Amity winces. "Love? You're squeezing a little tight there..."

But her words fall on deaf ears. So, she decides to deal with it.

"Everyone," Edric starts, "let's give it up for our glorious and fantastic reader, HUNTER!"

The group starts clapping and cheering as Hunter stands up and goes to sit on the couch. The twins sit on either side of him. Emira hands him the black leather notebook. Hunter opens to the first page, looking at the group. "Everyone ready?" He asks. They all nod.  Hunter takes a deep breath.