Chapter 62. Where the Wild Things Are

Start from the beginning

Narrator POV

Elijah sits angrily, feeling helpless, while Lydia sleeps after taking painkillers and a sedative to stops crying and rests until Addison arrives from Los Angeles. Mark and Alex sit with him.

Sitting on the chair next to her bed, the Intravenous solutions pumps fluids, all he thinks about is that she is working too much to avoid thinking about anything.

The room door open as Christina and Meredith run in, Meredith wipes Lydia's hair worries "Lydia"

Cristina asks "What happened?"

Alex stands "we still don't know"

Elijah sits again "She is still asleep and sometimes babbles incomprehensible words" he sighs "She's been observing since yesterday that she should have woken up two hours ago"

Derek nods "She'll be fine, it's Lydia who miraculously escapes death every day"

Meredith asks "What about the babies?"

Elijah holds Lydia's hand "I trust Lydia but not our children. Oh my God, the word is strange on my tongue. She doesn’t even tell herself that she is pregnant and about to give birth soon. I am afraid that we will lose them. This time Lydia will not survive."

Mark gives him a look "Nothing bad will happen, do not worry, Addison will be with us at any moment and you will be reassured"

Addison gets in "Guys"

Mark looks at her "when you talk about the devil"

Addison is eager "What happened? What's the emergency?"

♡ Epic Love ♡

After the examination, Addison takes off her gloves while MacKenzie arrive holds Lydia's chart. She takes the charts reading her and sighs "I need from Blossom blood-type"

MacKenzie hurries to the door "Yes, ma'am"

Elijah who is standing watching from afar alone as everyone out "Addison be honset"

Addison pats his arms "Well, I can't see them by ultrasound and that stupid"

"They are always hiding from it"

"Look, all charts means one of the babies suffering, Its size is smaller than normal and it does not feed well from the umbilical cord, also Lydia exposed to pressure. This sleep means that she is suffering from a psychological problem, and the pregnant woman must live in a good environment."

Elijah closes his eyes trying to think "What do you suggest?"

"It's heartbeats lower and I hope he responds to the blood but if it didn't I suggest to abort him, her body is weak enough from accident, it cannot hold both of them"

Elijah shakes his head arguing "No, Addison"

"You're a doctor and understand that. He will not complete the pregnancy, so this is an opportunity to lighten the pregnancy and save one of them."

"We can't do this. I called you because you're not giving up easy, Addy. Her family always have twins so there's no genetic problem."

Addison thinks "It could be from your family. Do you have any hereditary diseases?"

"No, I don't think so. either choice?"

Addison looks at Lydia "We deliver them prematurely and put them in pediatric intensive care but before this step, she must take a leave until giving birth and undergo rest, because this, I repeat, is work exhaustion"

Elijah angrily hit the wall "I know but what I do stubborn Lydia, Bailey's residents-they've been living in the hospital around-the-clock for the last 14 days, engaged in a surgical contest with a point system."