I've done my time in jail. I've done my time in rehab. They said it'd change me, but it never did. I still had a drinking problem.

We got to the car, and I noticed all of my bags were already at Katie's car. She silently helped me put them into the trunk then we were on our way. My leg bounced the entire way and she noticed it. She picked up my hand and laced our fingers together.

"I didn't want to come back." I finally said.

"Why's that?" Katie never peeled her eyes from the road.

"I hurt her and...and I didn't want to come back and face what'd I done. She's never going to forgive me. She doesn't have to or—or need to. I can't even forgive myself for the pain I caused her."

"Well," she gently squeezed my hand "you're going to focus on yourself, yeah?" I nodded. "Then Leah will have to wait and that's okay."

"I don't think I can face her in person."

"As long as you can handle her on the pitch, then that's okay. We can only ask you to do so much, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"So...Why were you sent here?"

I sighed. "I still have an alcohol problem. Jonas reached out to the Royals and my agent, saying he could help me. I was forced really."

"He can only help if you let him."

"Now that I haven't had a drink for a couple days, and I'm sober, I can say that I was destroying myself over there. I'm afraid I'll do it again here."

"You won't."

"How do you know?"

"I won't let you." She gave me a small smile. "You're not alone anymore. And hey, we can slowly introduce you to the team again. Start with Wally—"

"No, not Wally. She'll kill me." I looked at Katie. "How about Steph?"

"Okay," She smiled again. "We'll start with Steph. You tell me who you want to see again first, and we'll go from there. I'll tell Jonas too." I liked that plan. "Did you see what the Lionesses did?"

"No. I've been on a plane and with management most of the day. What'd they do?"

"Google it. Read it too."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and did what Katie said.

England Women pen open letter to government calling for all girls to be allowed to play football at school.

The England Women's National team have put out a statement, demanding changes. Here's what the letter says:

Dear Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss,

On Sunday evening history was made. The dreams of 23 women came true. England became European champions for the first time in history.

Throughout the Euros, we as a team spoke about our legacy and goal to inspire a nation. Many will think that this has been achieved, but we see this as only the beginning. We are looking to the future. We want to create real change in this country and we are asking you, if you were to become Prime Minister on 5 September, to help us achieve that change.

We want every young girl in the nation to be able to play football at school.

Currently only 63% of girls can play football in PE lessons. The reality is we are inspiring young girls to play football, only for many to end up going to school and not being able to play.