Chapter 2: Kneel

——————————🐍——————————

Back at a secret location, Selvig and several other scientists were working on creating some kind of device that was sure to be crucial to whatever plan Loki was concocting.

Meanwhile, Loki himself was sitting by himself holding his spear. Blue light glowed from the spear and Loki's surroundings faded away from a building to what looked like a very rocky planet.

A hooded figure appeared in front of Loki. "The Chitauri grow restless." He said in a distorted voice.

"Let them gird themselves. I will lead them in the glorious battle.

"Battle?" The figure scoffed. "Against the meager might of Earth?"

"Glorious, not lengthy." Loki specified. "If your force is as formidable as you claim."

The hooded figure looked at him highly offended. "You question us? You question him? He who put the scepter in your hand? Who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose when you were cast out, defeated."

Loki snapped his face to the figure. "I was a King! The rightful King of Asgard, betrayed."

"Your ambition is little and born of childish need. We look beyond Earth to greater worlds the Tesseract will unveil." The figure said.

"You don't have the Tesseract yet." Loki reminded him.

The figure suddenly appeared in front of Loki and raised his hands angrily.

"I don't threaten." Loki reassured. "But until I open the doors, until your force is mine to command, you are but words."

"You will have your war, Asgardian. If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no Realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he cannot find you. Or your lady." The hooded figure threatened.

Loki's eyes widened slightly and the man smirked. "Oh yes. He knows all about her, your little lover. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something sweet as pain."

The illusion ended, and Loki was back in the building. He breathed heavily out of worry. Now he had to succeed, because it wasn't just his life on the line anymore. It was hers too.

...

Selvig was working on the machine and glanced at all the people they had working with him.

"Where'd you find all these people?" Selvig asked Barton.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has no shortage of enemies, Doctor." Barton replied, holding up a screen that had a picture of iridium. "This the stuff you need?"

Selvig nodded. "Yeah, iridium. It's found in meteorites. It forms anti-protons. It's very hard to get a hold of."

"Especially if S.H.I.E.L.D knows you need it." Barton added.

Selvig shrugged. "Well I didn't know." He then looked over Barton's shoulder and saw Loki approaching. "Hey. The Tesseract has shown me so much. It's more than knowledge it's truth."

"I know. What did it show you, Agent Barton?" Loki asked.

Barton turned to him. "My next target."