Chapter 1: A New Threat

——————————🐍——————————

In a large S.H.I.E.L.D base, several of the agents were all scrambling to evacuate. Apparently, there was an issue at the base that was in danger of hurting everyone there.

While everyone in the large buildings were working on getting out, a helicopter was coming in. It landed on a helicopter pad, where a man in a black suit and sunglasses was waiting.

Phil Coulson watched as a bald man with dark skin and an eye patch named Nick Fury and a woman with brown hair tied back in a bun named Maria Hill exited the helicopter and approached Coulson.

"How bad is it?" Fury asked.

Coulson removed his glasses. "That's the problem sir. We don't know."

...

Coulson, Maria, and Fury all traveled down an elevator that took them to the basement of the building.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Coulson reported.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase." Fury said.

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room." Coulson defended. "Spontaneous event."

"It just turned itself on?" Maria asked.

"Where are the energy levels now?"

"Climbing. Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac." Coulson explained.

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." Fury ordered.

...

Fury entered a large metal room where the Tesseract was kept, and saw Dr. Selvig observing it.

The glowing blue cube was held in a circular mechanical device which was facing a raised platform surrounded by complicated looking technology.

"Talk to me, Doctor." Fury requested. "Is there anything we know for certain?"

"The Tesseract is misbehaving." Selvig told him.

Fury didn't look amused. "Is that supposed to be funny?"

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's...behaving." Selvig said.

"I assume you pulled the plug."

"She's an energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"We prepared for this Doctor." Fury interrupted. "Harnessing energy from space."

"But we don't have the harness." Selvig pointed out. "My calculations are far from complete. And she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful." Fury corrected. "Where's Agent Barton?"

Selvig looked at Fury and scoffed. "The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual." He gestured up to the walkway where a man in a black S.H.I.E.L.D uniform was sitting.