Dance Competition!

The air smelt crisp and cold as you exited the dance studio you trained at. it had been a long session today from 3:30pm until 9pm, you had done ballet, jazz, acro, conditioning/strength, lyrical and then your hour long private for solo practice. There was a huge competition in a few days where you would be performing 2 solos, 1 group and a trio, this one was especially important because there was going to be a scout from Elite Chicago Dance College, the biggest and best dance college in Chicago. Your whole body was aching as you stood outside waiting for Will to pick you up. Will's car pulled into the parking lot and he parked right in front of you. You slowly walked over to his car, you were well and truly knackered.

"Hey!" you said trying your best not to sound totally exhausted as you opened the car boot and threw your bags in, before walking round and getting in the passenger side. "Hey Em!" Will responded cheerily, he was still in his maroon Gaffney Medical Centre scrubs, meaning he must have come straight from his shift. "How was your shift?" you asked him as he began driving you both home. "It was good, just very busy tonight, there was a big car pile-up. No casualties though which was good." Will responded, the dark circles under his eyes were very prominent tonight. "How were rehearsals?" Will questioned, keeping his eyes on the road, "Very painful, we had an hour of conditioning" you said while chuckling, you had to stop though because it hurt your abs too much, Will just laughed at you, ahh brotherly love!

Will pulled into the driveway and you jumped out and walked round to the boot to get your bags. "Is Jay home?" you asked Will as you both made your way to the front door, "Yeh, Hailey is staying for dinner tonight as well" Will responded while opening the door, you both walked in and took off your winter boots and many layers of clothing, before walking through to the kitchen/dining room with your dance bags in hand.

Jay was taking something out the oven and Hailey was setting the table. "Hey guys!" you said cheerily before putting your dance bags down beside the stairs, you would take them up later. "Hey Em!" Hailey responded, smiling at you, she was such a mother figure for you. "Hey" Jay said while plating up what looked like chicken and vegetables. Will was very picky about making sure you got all the right nutrients and whatnot since you were so active.

"How were rehearsals?" Hailey asked you, while she was placing knives and forks. "It was good! We also got our costumes today for the competition coming up!" You responded cheerily while walking over to help Hailey finish setting the table. "Ahh I can't wait to see them! Maybe you can show me them after dinner?" Hailey asked as she handed you cups to put down, "Yeh of course!" you beamed back happily. "Yeh and Will and I can see what the hundred-dollar cheque went towards!" Jay smiled at you sarcastically before you both chuckled.

Jay walked over to the dining table with all the plates, prompting you all to sit down at the table in your usual seats. Everyone talked about their day at work and school as you guys ate, Will of course kept away the gory details of his job as you were trying to eat your dinner.

After you had all eaten, you rinsed the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and turning it on, while Hailey and Jay put away the placemats and leftovers and Will hoovered.

"Okay Em, let's see the costumes!" Hailey spoke enthusiastically as her, Will and Jay sat down on the couch. "Yayyy!" you said, you loved how much Hailey genuinely enjoyed your dancing, she was the best unofficial dance mom you could ask for! You walked over to the stairs and picked up your dance bag and brought it over to in front of the couch. The three adults watched as you pulled each costume out of the bag as follows:

Trio- "Midnight River" (intermediate teen acro)

Solo 1- "Hope" (advanced teen lyrical)

Solo 2- "Burn baby burn" (advanced teen jazz)