Chapter 5

The sun suddenly began setting, telling everyone that it was time to rest. Cecilia laid in her sleeping bag for the second time, trying to sleep but she couldn't.

She feared her nightmares would come to haunt her again.

Her cousin's snoring told her she was not alone and safe in Italy but she still worried for her parents. She could only pray they were able to escape as well and be far away from that man and the government.

Cecilia decided to sit on the ceiling roof to clear her mind.

Without much thought, she opened her cousin's window again and sat on the roof while the stars and moon showed over her once more.

Her slim body shivered a bit as some gusts of wind passed her from time to time.

"Are you going to keep doing this?" that same annoying voice rang next to her.

"Why do you keep sneaking up on me?" she asked annoyed.

"I like sitting here too," he protested but Cecilia was too tired to care.

"You're not crying this time either," he noted looking at her dry eyes.

"Yeah, I'm not," she responded bluntly.

"You're a weird girl," he suddenly mumbled.

"Says you who is a sea monster," she countered but Alberto didn't seem to care.

"Uhu, so seriously why did you guys go shopping for girly stuff anyways?" he asked changing the subject.

"Because it's fun," she responded sarcastically.

"Why is buying dresses fun?" he asked, his glowing green eyes picked in interest.

"Because it's just a fun thing for girls to do," she responded tired of his questions already, so much for clearing her head.

"Do you wear dresses too?"

'Is this boy really just clueless or stupid?' Cecilia thought raising a brow.

"Yes, I do."

"Then how come I haven't seen you wear one?" he asked.

"I've been here for two days, I'll wear one soon," she said trying to not get frustrated.

"You should."

"Huh?"

"You should wear a dress."

Cecilia only looked at him with a confused look, they had interacted a little even when they hung out yesterday (well except for that kiss on the cheek) but that was a dare!

She barely knew him at all.

Yet here she was talking to him casually, why did everyone feel so familiar now?

"I will...maybe," she said not putting much thought into it.

"Why are you out here anyway?" he asked again.

'What's up with the bunch of questions?' Cecilia thought really annoyed now.

"I like looking at the stars when I can't sleep," she said truthfully.

"Why can't you sleep?"

Cecilia only sighed.

"I just can't," she lied.

After that there was a long pause, neither of them spoke and Cecilia was starting to feel a bit awkward.

"I'm gonna go inside now...bye," she said before darting back inside Giulia's room before closing the window again.