Chapter Five

Tune: A Lively Inn – Miitopia

Just as Marcus stepped into the Midton Café, his phone suddenly chimed with a message. But first, he needed a seat and a nice hot drink after getting a lift here. After waiting for a few moments, that was when he noticed two similar-looking waiters coming his way. At first, Marcus thought it was Dan and Phil, but when the two had stepped into the light – it was Seán and Mark. Marcus was surprised at how they were going to be the waiters that would be taking care of him today.

Seán had a green vest that accompanied his white shirt, shamrock-decorated apron, and dark pants. Along with his brown hair pulled back into a man bun that complimented his small amount of stubble. Mark had a red-fade vest on top of his white shirt that complimented his short tousled dark hair, trousers and light stubble that was only just visible.

Seán began loudly. "Top of the morning, Marcus, my name is JackSepticEye!"

Mark continued. "And hello there, Marcus, my name is Markiplier and welcome..."

That was when they shouted in unison. "To Mason's Midton Place Café!"

Mason could be heard shouting. "Nice intro, please take Marcus to his seat, so Brittany can know what to cook already!"

Not wanting to waste any more time, that was when Seán and Mark pulled out some notepads before leading Marcus to a vacant table. As Seán and Mark prepared the table, Marcus pulled out his phone and wallet before taking a seat. Even though he wanted to see the message that was sent to him, Marcus decided to wait until he ordered to check it. And just as it dinged the second time, that's when he noticed how Seán and Mark had returned after doing a lap of the café.

Seán asked. "What sort of coffee would you like?"

Mark added. "I would like to recommend his 'Top of the Morning' blend, and what snack would you like?"

"Please say cookies or cake, as they're both my favourites. Don't worry, my blend is non-alcoholic in comparison to Ciarán's..."

"Take away or eat-in? Also, did your phone just chime?"

"We would love it if you could let us eat with you!"

"Seán... Mason might not allow that, and Marcus might be in a bit of a hurry."

Marcus explained. "I'll eat in, but please put my hot chocolate – skim milk, no sugar and preferably made by BOTH of you – in a takeaway cup. As for the small treat..." He suddenly noticed how Brittany had pulled out a new batch of small cookies, before continuing. "Are those... British Butter Cookies?"

Seán's eyes lit up as Mark answered. "Yes, they are British Butter Cookies. We'll be right back if Seán doesn't use the 'Top of the Morning' hot chocolate blend and/or eats his cookies first."

Seán nudged Mark and argued. "I can promise you that I won't do either. Just remember to ask Mason about us sitting with Marcus for a few minutes." That was when he noticed their manager coming. "Oh look, Mark! Here he comes!"

After Seán and Mark had decided to the kitchen area, that was when Mason decided to arrive with a menu in tow. He then proceeded to sit across from Marcus.

Mason explained, looking at the menu. "$5 all up. The $3 was for the British Butter Cookies and the $2 was for the takeaway hot chocolate. What brings you here, is anything interesting going on?"

Marcus asked. "Three things: 1 – Panthers or Broncos? 2 – Have you heard of fan-made anime openings? And 3 – Would you like to help with deciphering my phone messages?"

"Broncos, sorry. Sort of – Joey, Connor and Garnt decided to show me two of them last week, and the songs are stuck in my head. Yes, I can help you – can you please read them to me? Brittany is going for... Which one?"