xChapter 60 - Club Azure (1)

Start from the beginning

Cal noticing Cameron's glances chuckles as he says, "I bet I can still carry you around now huh?"

Cameron gets nervous as he says, "Uh- y-yeah I guess."

Cal laughs before he says, "So what's new with you?"

"Nothing much, just the same old stuff as always. Go to school, after school go to a club, and then head home," Cameron says.

"Wow, that sounds pretty boring huh," Cal suggests.

"Y-yeah, I don't really have much else going on, I kinda wish I did though," Cameron admits.

As Cameron says those words an idea pops up in Cal's mind, an idea that puts a smile on his face.

"Well, how about we hang out some more, aye?" Cal suggests, "It'll be like old times!"

Cameron is taken aback as he asks, "Really? You sure you still want to hang out with me?"

"Positive, I know all the best places to hang out, so it'll be really fun. What do you say?" Cal asks as he reaches his hand out toward Cameron.

Cameron looks at Cal's hand and the smile on his face and he realizes that maybe by being friends with Cal again, he'd be able to get more confidence back. The two only stopped being friends because Cal left the elementary school to go to middle school. So it would be just like old times. After some hesitation, Cameron shakes Cal's hand.

"Yeah, let's do it," Cal says as he stands up.

Cal begins to walk away while Cameron sits there confused, "Hey wait aren't you going to pay for the coffee?"

"I did when I ordered and for yours as well," Cal admits.

Cameron catches up to Cal as they begin to leave the store he then asks, "How much do I owe you for the coffee?"

"Nothing buddy! It was only a dollar," Cal says.

Cameron looks confused as he looks over to the prices on the board to see that a cup of coffee here is $10, yet Cal only paid for $1.

"Oh that, well you see," Cal says before he takes out his ID.

The ID looks just like a regular one only for the fact that there's a light blue marking next to the date of birth.

Cal begins to explain, "I managed to get this and it essentially acts as a discount for a ton of stores. Pretty cool, right?"

"Y-yeah, but how is that even possible?" Cameron asks.

Cal's a bit silent before he says, "I guess that they want to be generous."

As the two leave, Cal glances over to the name of the cafe. The name of it is 'The Crescent Cafe' but below that in a much smaller font are the words 'Subsidiary of Club Azure'.

__________________________

As the days passed by, Cal & Cameron hung out more and more. Whether it was at an arcade, a movie theater, or a corner store. The two would have fun together, but Cal would always be the one to pay, and he'd use his ID to get a big discount on whatever it was the place sold to them.

Eventually, one day though Cal suggests something to Cameron.

"Hey buddy, if you want I'd like you to meet up with all my other friends, is that okay?" Cal asks.

"Yeah sure, where though?" Cameron asks.

"It was at this nightclub I think you'd really like," Cal Hound begins to say before sighing and adding, "But the only real problem is...you can only get in if you're over 21."