xChapter 58 - Paranormal Hijinks (Finale)

Start from the beginning

"STUPID MACHINE!" Alex says as he slams his fist into the side of the vending machine, inadvertently shattering the glass of it.

Alex looks around to see if anyone is around to see that, only to see Bennet The Hamster standing on the railing. His mouth agape and his eyes filled with shock.

Alex stares at Bennet.

Bennet stares at him.

"I'll give you a chip and you don't snitch," Alex says.

Bennet nods in agreement and Alex begins to rummage into the vending machine. As Alex opens the bag though, the lower lever doors to the cafeteria open as Marcus comes running in, with the ghost following close behind.

"AH!" Alex screams as he tries to stuff the bags into his hoodie pouch.

Marcus looks up to see Alex there and says, "Alex! I need your help!"

"I'll be right down!" Alex says as he walks to the staircase, only to realize is blocked off by some more vending machines.

As Alex looks around, he sighs, "If this doesn't work I'm so going to haunt this place."

Alex takes a few steps back and then runs straight towards the balcony, and then jumps off of the railing. Just as he does this, the doors swing open as Christopher, Hamster, & Rebecca arrive. Rebecca tosses the planchette toward the first floor of the cafeteria.

"Hit the ghost with this!" Rebecca says.

Alex sees the planchette flying by him and he grabs it with his right hand and makes a fist. The Ghost looks up to see Alex descending towards him; his hand reeled back ready to punch him and bags of chips flying out of his hoodie pocket. Alex swings his right fist toward the ghost's face. As the punch lands, the ghost is sent flying back and collapsing to the ground while Alex lands on the ground.

As the group of kids is silent, Christopher is the first to loudly exclaim, "WE DID IT!!"

Marcus and Alex fist bump while Bennet pours a bag of chips from the balcony to the first floor; almost as if it's confetti. Christopher pushes the vending machines out of the way of the stairs and walks down. Hamster joins Bennet in the make-shift confetti and even Rebecca has a smile on her face.

As all the people on the balcony reach the first floor, Rebecca walks over to Marcus & Alex. Marcus gives a nod to her but she doesn't reciprocate. As the group is celebrating though, they begin to hear a groaning sound.

"Ugh, what the hell," The ghost begins to say as it gets back up, "Why did you have to hit me so hard?"

Everyone looks at the ghost as it grabs the black hair that's covering its entire face, and tosses it aside. Revealing that the ghost was...

"X?!" Everyone else in the room says as X takes off the white shirt stained in 'blood'.

"Yeah, that's my name," X Locke begins to say as he then readjusts the clothes he had on under the shirt, which he tucked in and pulled up to disguise himself, "I bet you have a lot of questions. For starters, the ghost story? I made it up so I could sell more of my book. The blood? Not actual blood, just strawberry jam. And the Ouija board? Yeah, I was the one pushing that planchette."

"What about Ronnie?" Marcus asks.

However, his question is answered when the doors to the cafeteria's bathroom open and Ronnie walks out. Ronnie looks at the scene in front of him and asks, "So uh, what happened?"

"Okay maybe I did a small lie," X says before he pitches his voice higher, "And as for the little girl giggles? Well, there's a thing called voice acting!"