"She is indeed beautiful but Shlok is also handsome," another lady joined the conversation.

"So why have you not asked your daughter to marry him" I rolled my eyes. As the veil was still there she couldn't see my facial expressions. What could do to be handsome when he can't even look at me?

"See who is here. Our favorite son is here," she said and I knew it was Shlok who entered the room. He touched everyone's feet and greeted them.

"Mom I am going out for some work," he informed his mother.

"Today also you are working you should stay with your wife dear," one of the ladies advised him.

"Oh my God, how hard is this kid? You are very lucky to have such a hard-working husband," she told me.

"So why don't you take him to your home then" I thought in my mind and laughed.

"Shlok stay at home today," his mother said to him. He replied with a small OK. His mother came and lifted the veil from my face and said "Shlok come and sit with Pihu."

Without any arguments, he sat beside me. There was a gap between both of us. "Sit close you are now husband and wife," one of the ladies said.

"I think they are getting shy in front of us," another lady replied to her.

"Yes we are so shy that we don't even sleep on the same bed," I again replied to her but in my mind.

"They look so cute together. Nazar na lage kisi ki" saying that she drew her hands over our head and cracked the fingers.

"I think it's time for us to leave. You guys can rest," saying they all got up. My mother-in-law thanked them for coming and all of them left. I kept all the gifts aside and one gift fell by mistake.

Shlok and I bent at the same time to pick it up and in speed, our heads collided. "Ouch," I exclaimed and held my head with my hands.

"I am so sorry," Shlok replied and looked at me. I was still holding my head with my hand and rubbing it.

He kept his hand over mine and pressed it. "Ah," I shouted because of the pressure.

"Let me press it else it might swell," he told me and started to press again.

We were busy looking at each other eyes when someone cleared her throat. We looked and it was his mother. We both got up fast from our positions.

"Mom the gift fell so we were picking it up," he tried to explain the situation to his mom.

"It's ok Shlok. I am not saying anything you guys can romance," she suppressed her laugh.

"You both can go into your room and rest for the day," she informed us.

"And carry on with your romance as I want to be grandmother soon," saying she left the room.

"Mom," Shlok shouted but she already left the room. I blushed at her statement as I was not expecting this from her. Then we both went to our room.

We both entered the room and Shlok turned towards me. "I know you did not expect this from your marriage. I am sorry for this."

His apology looked genuine but what could I do with his apology? His apology won't change anything.

"Look I know you are angry and even sad about it. I get it and I am ok if you even slap me," he told me. I looked at him with no expression and without saying a word.

"I want my parents or anyone to get any hint of what we talked about yesterday," he said, sitting on the bed near me.

"Why?" I broke the silence that I was holding. He sighed and said, "It's complicated and I promise I will surely tell you about it at some other time."

Not knowing what to say I just nodded my head in a yes. "OK so now this is sorted and we have to spend such a long time together. It will be better if we be cordial with each other" he said to which I gave him a confused look.

"Can we be friends?" he asked extending his hand towards me. I wanted to deny it but his hand was like a little hope of my marriage. Maybe like all romance novels we can convert this friendship into marriage? Maybe in the process of being friends, we fall in love with each other.

With all those thoughts and hope in my mind I shook his hand. Giving him a full-blown smile I said "Yes we can friends."

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Do you like savage replies of Pihu?🤭