XXII

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Din could do nothing but stand and watch. Staring up into the sky as the enhanced droids flew off with Amara, standing within the wreckage of what was left of the stormtroopers that were sent down for a final battle. It all happened so fast. Amara falling to the ground, another fight soon after. Dozens of stormtroopers surrounding them once more. He fought, he fought hard, trying his best to push through them as the droids came down. Yet, he still couldn't stop them from taking her. She and the child were now gone.

Silence filled the air as Fennec and Boba watched Din walk towards the rubble and ash that was once his ship. His home, their home, now gone. Along with the two that came along with it. Turning to nothing in just a blink of an eye. Din caught sight of the shining metal hilt laying above the ash. He bent down to grab Amara's lightsaber. As he picked it up, he caught sight of another familiar metal. Buried beneath the ash and under Amara's saber was the spear made of Beskar. Completely in tack without a blemish in sight. He held tightly to the two in his hands. Where does he go from here? The promise to protect the two now broken.

Din walked over towards Fennec and Boba with the spear in hand. The two of them also sharing remorse for what happened. "This is all that survived." Din said as he showed them the spear.

"Beskar." Boba responded, recognizing the metal. Boba reached his arm up in front of him. Pressing a few buttons. "I want you to take a look at something." An orange holographic light appeared above his arm. The names written in Mando'a were who the armor belonged to.

Foundling took into the year the Concord Dawn, Mentor Jaster, Father Fett, Boba Fett.

"My chain code had been encoded in this armor for twenty-five years." Boba continued, "You see, this is me. Boba Fett. This is my father, Jango Fett."

Din read the words he had been taught as a child. Reading each line carefully. "Your father was a foundling."

"Yes." Boba responded. Shutting off the image, "He even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars."

"Then that armor belongs to you."

Boba bowed his head slightly, "I appreciate its return."

Din took in a deep breath and took a look at the both of them. "Then our deal is complete." He did his job. This job was done. For now, without a ship, he was stranded. No way to save Amara and Grogu.

Boba gave him a stern look, "Not quite. We agreed in exchange for the return of my armor, we will ensure the safety of the Child."

"The child's gone." Din responded softly. Not even the modulator built in his helmet could mask the pain in his voice. Both Fennec and Boba could hear it clearly.

"Until he is returned to you safely, we are in your debt." Boba said. Din gave a quick look towards Fennec who nodded her head in agreement. When he looked back at Boba, he could see a change in his demeanor, "Besides I made a promise to Dane long ago I'd protect them. I may have failed her family, but I still have a chance to protect her."