chapter nine: not well

Start from the beginning

I didn't see anyone either than the players and coaches on the ice. I didn't even see Quinn.

Maybe he caught Kaydes sickness.

When I looked back up from my book, there he was all of a sudden on the ice, but behind the home bench, was Rachael.

I could barely see her from the size of the rink but I could see her eyes on me. Not even in a nice way. She had her regular resting bitch face on.

I just ignored her and buried my face back into the book. I did. catch a glance of Quinn though, his handsome eyes meeting mine. I feel like I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open.

He realized that I'm starting at him and smiles at me. It catches me off guard and I turn my head quickly so he wouldn't think too much about it.

Safe to say after another hour of being in the ice cold arena, the practice was over and we could finally go back. I think Kayde was going back to his house. Well if he is someone better be driving him home. I need to get some sleep because
I am exhausted like normal.

As I wait for Kayde in the lobby of the building, Quinn walks up to me. It's like he's taking forever to get to me. Or I guess I'm just seeing things in slow motion. The way his fluffy brown hair bounced a little bit every step. The way his eyes sparkled. God I couldn't force myself to look away.

SNAP OUT OF IT GEN!

"Gen! Wasn't expecting you to be here." He says as he finally catches up and stands with me.

"Yeah, just wanted to make sure Kayde was okay. Where's Rachael? I dont know if she'd like us talking.." I say with a not amused tone.

"Oh I think she's using the bathroom. Normally she's in there for a while probably taking pictures of herself in the mirror." He lets out a giggle.

"What's she even doing here?" We hear a voice of another girl and turn to see Rachael standing there with her arms crossed.

She looks me up and down with the bitchiest face known to man.

"Remember her boyfriend plays on this team Rach, stop being a bitch about it." Quinn rolls his eyes. Probably done with her dumb drama that she always causes.

Not even going to lie, I forgot I had a 'boyfriend'.

"I'm allowed to be suspicious Quinn. Let's just go." She grabs his arm and he winces from the sudden grip.

On his bad shoulder of course.  Not like she'd care enough to actually notice.

Kayde scares the shit out of my by randomly tapping on my shoulder. As I turn back around, Rachael is dragging Quinn out of the arena while he looks back at me. I give him a sympathetic smile and wave.

"I'm going home with Landon, thanks for taking care of me when I was feeling like shit." I smile and put my arms around his neck.

"No problem Kayde, I just hope you didn't give anything to me." We both laugh and I make sure he goes away safely.

Now time to go home and sulk. Hell, I don't even know why I just feel bad for myself.

—————————————————————————-

A/n: idk what this is, I guess a filler chapter? Maybe some drama coming soon!?

Wanted to just make it known that I don't edit these chapters so if there are grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm sorry 😝