" Where is my granddaughter" said rather seriously.

" She is in the guest room, she is not herself, I can tell "

" What  do you mean NOT HERSELF"

Noelle sighs and narrates everything to Lynda . Placing both hand in her mouth, Lynda sobs.

" So Slivia is dead" tears roll down her eyes.
Noelle nods.

" May her gentle rest in perfect peace"
Lynda said wiping her tears " take me to Amar , my granddaughter must be going through alot".

***

     I have been crying ever since last night, even if  I get revenge for Slivia it wouldn't bring her back, so what does it matter. There is no use ! .
      I hate this world , why does life have to be so cruel ,taking away the only person that I considered a mother.

     Someone opens the door without knocking. I turn around, I saw a woman probably in her  late 60s. Her hair was grey , her blue gown  and sliver purse made her look so beautiful. I didn't even know who she was, I wanted to ask but before I could get the chance she hugged me.

      I was surprised by her actions, I wanted to pull away from her but I needed to hug someone, even if it was a stranger. She pats my back as I let all my tears roll slowly down my checks.

" There , there it's okay" she rubs my hair gently. " Your grandmother is here for you " she whispers.

I pull away and looked at her face  "Grandma ?...Lynda is it you".

"Yes , it's me " pulls me in for another hug as I cry even louder.

***
" So darling, that was the reason I wanted you to come to Nigeria because of the final hearing which is tomorrow, I didn't want you to lose everything your mother worked so hard for" sniffs " I didn't know that Slivia would lose her life at the process" breaks down.

    Because no one knows of my existence, some of the relatives decided it was best to share MGC amongst themselves but Lynda refused. The matter was later brought before the court. And the final hearing is tomorrow.

" Tell me something is there any who would want me dead" I asked

" Is that even question, have you forgotten who you are . May I remind? ,you are Amarianna Martins the heiress of MGC..." She said and cut in.

" I know who I am...gra... grandmother
You don't have to remind me. It's just that, it's rather odd" I said standing.

" How do you mean?"

" If their plan was just to kidnap me, they won't have  shot bullets towards my direction, and if they were after ransom they wouldn't have killed Slivia.Their intentions were to kill me"

" You might not be wrong"

" So am going to ask again is there anyone who would want me dead "

" I don't have anyone in mind. Probably our business rivals"

" Oh no it was more than that. They knew our whereabouts and waited for us at the spot they knew we would surely pass " I raised my brow.

" Meaning?" Lynda narrow her gaze.

" Someone from within leaked out our info "

" Wow!" Lynda placed both of her hand on her head. " Which should be amazed at , the fact that there is a betrayal in  our midst or the fact that my granddaughter..." Winked " is so so smart"   I smiled.

  " Don't worry the police would handle everything, I will see to it that those bastard face justice. So don't even think of getting involved, let the police do their work"

" But.."

" No buts, your life is already at risk, I don't want you to put yourself in any more danger"

I sigh Lynda is right , I just hope the police finds something soon..................

***
THE NEXT DAY

" With all legal rights the court has decided to transfer everything owned by the late Estella Martins including the MGC  and Martins Estate to her next to kin , her younger sister Emi...."

     The judge's final verdict was interrupted by yours Truly.

   " Wait! "

______________________________________

HEY GUYS

PLS VOTE FOR MY STORY AND LEAVE A  COMMENT. FOLLOW ME ......

Your Authoress

TREPRINCLE

The Chatters of Diamonds जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें