chapter 14

Hoseok takes a heavy breath as tries to gain oxygen through the small hole inside the dungeon which is a confined cave. It's been two days and still, he is imprisoned inside this so-called prison for his punishment.

A glass of water is placed beside him making him stunned. He looks up and catches the Leader Kim, the elder male who punished him by sending him to the dungeon. Hoseok scoffs as he ignores the old man standing beside him.

"I don't want your pity, sir. I will complete the punishment properly because starving is not new to me,"

"Starving is not new to any one of the people who joined here either," the old man rasps in his coarse voice making Hoseok shift his gaze to him.

Mr Kim sits beside the deprived male and urges Hoseok to drink the water.

"When I was punished by those cruel governors I wasn't even allowed to drink a sip the water for a whole week. They used to beat me up every day and feed me a little when my body is about to give up to bring me back," the old man chuckles thinking about his horrible past that is traumatizing the man beside him.

Hoseok tries to squeeze shut his lips as rage fills him when he hears the torture the man has faced.

"All did was ask them to give me a small piece of my land to do farming for my daily wages yet in the end this is what I got. I saw my wife getting killed and my children being burned in front of my eyes before making sure I was executed, but somehow by god's grace, I escaped from the cellar and made sure to bring peace among the people from this reckless ruler. Whether it be through illegal, I didn't care. This government is itself a terrorist group and fighting them with that method didn't find wrong to me. I started to gather followers as I increased myself and was wide spread. People had a hope when they joined here after losing everyone in their family to the government. I gave them the hope of peaceful future ahead"

Hoseok's teared eyes softened after listening to the old man's story. This was true, whatever he said was nothing but truth. The reality that he has been facing ever since the dictatorship government raised in the country. None of the people have been treated like citizens rather like a slave. This is no different than the Japanese colonization. Innocent People were suffering before and even now after gaining freedom.

"You're brother is a figther. Most of the men who join here are either the ones who had lost their family to the cruelty of the commanders, or the orphan body who are willing to fight the government but you're brother was different. He joined even before either of that happened to him. Family was supportive of him and has refused to tell anyone about it so that you won't be in any danger and you're brother that why avoided you and your wife so that you wouldn't be involved in it but sadly the commander has come to know about your relation with him as your brother and is searching for you after capturing your wife,"

"What about my wife? Is she safe!" Hoseok screams as he leaps forward and looks at the man with his begging eyes.

"she is safe Hoseok. He won't mistreat her till he catches you so you don't have to worry about anything,"

Hose on calms down, tears flowing from his eyes.

Mr Kim pats his shoulder and sighs out.

"I will release you today. You have your first mission,"

Hoseok's eyes go wide at the sudden task that is provided for him when he never did anything in the training.

"But I didn't learn anything in the training-"

"Nobody learns anything in the training," Mr Kim cuts him off and looks dead in his eyes.

"it's all about the practical experience that would train you to be the better. You can train and be the best but it can't guarantee you to be the best in practical life. So get ready. You have to be in proper disguise so that you won't catch the attention of the guards. You will be watching the main borderline of the forest red line making sure to keep an eye on Jin and bring back the alerts if anything uneasy happens,"

Hose on nods his head as his heart beats at a pace, his anxiety is slowly building up and he wonders how he will be able to do this job properly.

"You will be accompanied by Yoongi and Jin,"

The name Yoongi drops like a bomb to him as he knows the man already hates him to the core.

"do your best Hoseok. Hopefully, you will realize your potential in this,"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hoseok takes a deep breath as he stands with a few other new men behind Yoongi and Jin who are the higher in authority for now.

Hoseok's face is fully covered with a black scarf up to his eyes and his head is wrapped in the same fabric, completely hiding his face from the possible enemies they will face. He was given a rifle and was asked to watch over the forest red line as per the order of Mr Kim. At first, Yoongi seemed to be displeased with having Hoseok but he had to agree since the orders were from Mr Kim.

After clear commands from Yoongi. Jin and Yoongi departed to the village and the new members with Hoseok were ordered to watch from the red line.

Hoseok moves his feet across the muddy forest and the moment he finds a good view he bends down hiding himself from the people who might pass by the forest. He slowly looks around trying to find any uneasy activities.

Soon his eyes caught a motor vehicle arriving into the forest which makes him confused, he carefully looked at the symbol itched to the car plate and was taken back in shock when he realized that it was the property of the commander's family. He gets into his alert mode as he takes his rifle and carefully looks at the officers stepping out of the car.

"Did they catch Jin and Yoongi or what?" he mutters with a frown visible on his face wondering the reasons for the officer's presence in the forest at this time.

Soon his jaw drops and his eyes go wide watching his wife stepping out of the car, holding a small baby in her arms. Tears began to wail through his eyes as he looked at his wife and his baby.

"Y-y/n," he whimpers as his eyes travel to his baby who is peacefully sleeping in your arms.

You talk with the officer for some time which he is unable to hear but suddenly out of nowhere you begin to scream holding your baby closer to your chest and he watches the officer pulling out a gun and point it at you.

Hoseok's eyes fill with anger and rage as he screams out loud at the sight of the officers pointing gun at his wife. He pulls out his rifle and aims it at the officers who look in his direction due to his loud screech. Hoseok pulls the trigger and shoots one of the officers in his forehead and does the same for the other one standing beside him.

Hoseok immediately drops his rifle and runs to you.

"Honey!"

The voice of his beautiful sends chills to him as he runs happily to his wife. Suddenly he gasps, his legs stopping his motion while blood pools on his shirt making him slip on the ground. He is shot near his chest as blood leaks from his wounded chest while he lay flat on the muddy ground with him trying to breath.

"No!!"

Your dreadful a scream rings through his ears as he tries to take a glimpse of the male who shot him out of nowhere. Soon his eyes land on the man from a distance wearing the uniform of the commander and wearing multiple badges around his pocket while his boots click harshly on the ground etching through his half-dead state before slipping into unconsciousness.

_____________________________________

Update after a long time 👍😅