[Chapter Nine] | Musical Junkie

Começar do início

Never know, never know, never know...

(A/N): Song - Never Know by Jack Johnson

Despite some of the negative lyrics in the song, calling back to quite a tragedy, there was some positivity in it. The idea of not forcing one's own religion onto others. One could also loop it over to the fact that you shouldn't force an idea or something onto another person.

Something Y/N has wished to convey toward his father. But then again, he wasn't the most confident or courageous child growing up. But that just begged the question as to how he himself gained the courage to keep walking up to the young Yumiko Miura as children, pestering her into becoming friends with him. Honestly, it was something he never figured out himself, but he was never known for courage or being confident. Never one for speaking up a lot, this fact is often overshadowed by his kindness and his talent of playing instruments and having a good bit of smarts.

He was never confident like other kids. Always looking for an escape in something when he wanted to get away from his problems. Thinking about it, he hastily went through his playlist again and picked another song.

When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back, I'll be your levee
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue on a get well card

The initial first lyrics puts him into an even more sour mood. Whilst being a good song in general, he related to this song way too much. Giving affection to the one you've fallen for, although they don't seem to notice the affective you've given. Despite feeling this feeling, Y/N couldn't help but sing along with the song.

"It was always you falling for me," Y/N sang with the chorus. "Now there's always time calling for me. I'm the light blinking at the end of the road. Blink back to let me know."

"I'm a fly that's trapped in a web. But I'm thinking that my spider's dead. Lonely, lonely little life. I could kid myself in thinking I'm fine," Y/N muses to himself, a bitter smile on his face.

The chorus comes up again, "It was always you falling for me. Now there's always time calling for me. I'm the light blinking at the end of the road. Blink back to let me know."

However, a pleasant voice soon intercepts his lone singing, Y/N's eyes widening slightly as it was a voice he knew all too well. "That I'm skin and bone. Just a cane and a rusty throne. Oh, the castle's under siege. But the sign outside says, 'Leave me alone.'"

Y/N turned his head around, thinking he was going to find Yumiko. But it was someone else. Their voice was slightly similar to Yumiko's, but albeit a slightly higher pitch than hers. It was a girl with short, wavy purple hair and dark blue eyes, a cheeky grin on her face as she sported the same female uniform of Sobu High, which highlighted her most pronounced feature of her form very well. But he knew who this girl was.

The brown-haired boy continued where she left off, a smile brightening on his face, "It was always you falling for me. Now there's always time calling for me. I'm the light blinking at the end of the road. Blink back to let me know."

"It was always you. Blink back to let me know. It was always you..." Both of them finished, their voices quieting at the end as they finished their harmonic convergence.

(A/N): Song - Always by Panic! At the Disco.

"Yo! Whatcha been up to, L/N?" The girl asked.

"I've been... Mostly well. It's been a short bit, Erica," Y/N nodded.

Erica Hasegawa is a girl Y/N met overseas at that same business prep school. Much like him, she's the only child of a well known businessman in the global market, and also like him, her escapism outlet is music as well. Though he's not sure if she shares the same dream as him, they were able to bond over this escapist outlet of listening to musical genres and such.