Chapter 8 | Betrayal after Betrayal

Start from the beginning

In the aftermath of Tubbo's perceived betrayal, Quackity confronted Schlatt with an unsettling revelation. "Sir, I found Tubbo behind the walls and went to the enemy territory. Tubbo has betrayed Marburg," he reported a tinge of concern in his voice. Schlatt, ever eager for displays of power, contemplated the situation with a sinister gleam in his eyes.

Schlatt went quiet and said to only himself but Quackity managed to catch it, "I knew it."

"We need to teach him a lesson then," Schlatt declared, his mind already concocting schemes of punishment. Sapnap, never one to shy away from chaos, suggested, "Put him in a box HAHA."

Schlatt, surprisingly amused by the notion, chuckled, "Like a stray cat? Not a bad idea. Good job, Sapnap. You're finally useful for once." The room held an air of tension as Schlatt revelled in the impending punishment, and Quackity, uneasy about the direction things were taking, hesitated. "I think we should just talk to him. I don't want to be part of this," he proposed, attempting to interject reason into the brewing storm.

"Are you going soft? Just because Y/N has gone rogue, doesn't mean you should too," Schlatt rebuked, dismissing Quackity's attempt at restraint. Sapnap and Punz, sensing the awkwardness, wisely left the scene, leaving Schlatt and Quackity alone to confront the looming decision.

As Quackity, conflicted by his loyalty to Schlatt and his unease about the unfolding cruelty, stood in contemplation, Schlatt's authoritarian demeanour took the lead. "I think we've taken things too far," Quackity admitted, an honest acknowledgement of the severity of their actions.

"Are you going to betray me too?" Schlatt laughed, a cold, taunting edge in his voice.

"I didn't say that-" Quackity began, attempting to diffuse the situation. However, Schlatt, driven by a desire for control, wanted to assert his dominance.

"You know Quackity." Schlatt begins. "I appreciate you being by my side all along." he pats on Quackity's shoulder as he goes back to his desk. Quackity quietly listens to Schlatt.

"I wanted to expand the country, and my right-hand man, Tubbo, betrayed me, which I already figured out since he kept on going missing after meetings," Schlatt stressed, revealing the depth of his ambitions and the personal affront he felt.

"...And it already enough. You already have a country to rule which is enough for you. You're an emperor already!! Expanding the country is greedy, Schlatt. Dream would be pissed if he knows you're going against what you signed up for---" Quackity snapped, challenging Schlatt's insatiable hunger for power.

Enraged, Schlatt's fist collided with Quackity's face. "DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. YOU WANNA GO TO POGTOPIA SO BADLY THEN GO. I DON'T NEED YOU AND YOUR STUPID ADVICES," he screamed, a culmination of frustration and a desire to maintain absolute control.

"I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU THAT WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL--" Quackity covers his bleeding nose.

"GUARDS!!! TAKE HIM AWAY!!" and the guards entered the office and seized Quackity. Quackity, nursing the blow, stood up and left the meeting room, his departure marking a fracture in the once-solid alliance. Alone in the room, Schlatt grappled with the implications of his actions, the echoes of Quackity's words, and the growing isolation of his rule.

"Anyone else wants to go against me??!!" Schlatt yelled, his voice echoing in the vacant room. The silence that followed spoke volumes, but Schlatt, fueled by a toxic mix of arrogance and paranoia, lit another cigarette and took a shot of whiskey.

"GUARDS!!!"

"Sir," the guards saluted, entering with a mix of fear and reverence.

"When I say tear the whole walls down, don't hesitate," Schlatt commanded, emphasizing the ruthlessness he expected from his subordinates. The guards, trapped between loyalty and terror, shivered in acknowledgement. He stood up, exited his office to find you, and observed a multitude of people looking frightened and dispersed.