9 || peek-a-boo

Neo looked at the dead rabbit on the ground, presented along with a pile of flowers

Neo looked at the dead rabbit on the ground, presented along with a pile of flowers. There was a symbol of a fork and knife. He could feel a headache developing.

"My Lord, shall we use this as lunch?" Dante smiled innocently, but Neo knew that he was in on it.

"...Yeah. Sure. I'm not a fan of wasting food," He sighed. "By the way, Dal Yun has been in a bad mood this morning and keeps shoving things in my arms. Could you do something about that...?"

"I think it's best if you just accept. There's a little competition going on, you see. My Lord's kindness has brought upon another companion."

"What do you..." Neo looked at Dante in bubbling doubt and dread, but he just left with the rabbit and started cooking. Neo could only ruffle his hair in frustration and sat back in the carriage where Yun was still sleeping.

The next day, the same exact thing occurred, though there were two bundles now. There was a chicken and snake, both freshly hunted and plated with flowers. Neo looked at Dal Yun who was sitting by the dead reptile, huffing his chest proudly.

"You..." Neo couldn't find any words to say and just accepted it.

By the way, is this dragon seriously...

He rubbed his temples and called Dante over to collect the ingredients.

This kept on occurring, the rewards getting more extravagant every day. The animals got larger in size, and there were even herbs that occasionally appeared.

'Raon should be following Cale's group and hunting for them, so what is he doing here? Don't tell me he's going back and forth...'

"Isn't it cute? It's just like watching two children compete for the parent's affection," Dante laughed.

Neo did not find this cute. Instead, he turned towards the forest nearby and spoke, "You and Dal Yun should stop. I appreciate the gesture but stay with Lord Cale's group. Didn't I tell you?"

An unhappy rumble resounded from the bushes. 

"Yes, that's right. Thanks for the food, but you don't have to keep on doing this. This person does not need the protection of a dragon. Protect Lord Cale, since he's definitely weaker than me," Neo said, squatting down. "You got it?"