7 || punishment

While soaking in the water, Neo noticed there was a commotion in the village that made him pensive

While soaking in the water, Neo noticed there was a commotion in the village that made him pensive. He used his mana to check who it was, and it seemed to be the scene where Venion met Cale.

"Ah, the inn owner... He usually goes on a stroll at this time..."

It would be a lie to say that Neo didn't care about the people here. Despite knowing they are all fictional characters in a book, that isn't the case now. They are breathing people who have their own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.

He jumped out of the bath, startling the bird who was about to fall asleep in the water. He left the bathroom dressed in pants and a long-sleeved collared shirt left open, having no time to button it. He couldn't even bandage his wounds, so they stung every time his clothes touched them.

"My Lord? Where are you—" Dante watched as Neo, hair still sopping wet, rushed to his bedroom window to only disappear like the wind. "My Lord?!"

Neo hopped up to the inn's roof, hoping to get a good vantage point to spot where the two met. As expected, they were near the gates, and he could see the old man on the ground, Choi Han about to pull out his sword, Cale acting as the loon, and Venion's disgusting smile.

He hopped off of the roof and ran towards there. He knew the inn owner would be fine, but regardless, he was still worried.

Don't get him wrong. He didn't want to meet any of them, especially in this state, and he had no plans to meddle in Cale's affairs. He was just concerned about the kind man who served him a drink for free every time he was feeling down.

Soon, reaching earshot, he heard some of the conversations and watched the inn owner get on his knees and bowed, hoping to avoid punishment. "For, forgive me, My Lord!" He yelled.

Seeing this scene, some of his unsolved anger with Venion rose again.

"Is that all, Lord Venion?" Cale said, looking at the pitiful figure. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted light caramel hair running towards his way. He internally cursed for his arrival, but he paused and looked at his messy appearance. He thought again, pondering what the recent change in his actions meant to his plans for his future (slacker life).