1 || surprise surprise

A man sat on the side of his bed, his feet furiously tapping the ground

A man sat on the side of his bed, his feet furiously tapping the ground. His face scrunched up in vexation, and he had his arms folded, pondering what to do.

Neo Tolls— or should I say, Kang Cheonji, was in a dilemma. 

He had been transmigrated to the manhwa he read last night.

"No no, it doesn't make sense however you think about it."

In disbelief, he started mumbling to himself, hitting his head against the bedframe repeatedly.

"Don't these types of events occur to people who've been reading the series the longest, or someone who knows the story well? I just finished the manhwa! I'm not a novel reader!"

"What am I going to do... Out of everyone, I'm Neo Tolls, an insignificant side character..."

"Ah, but maybe that's better than being a nobody? Neo is the heir of the Tolls family, after all... I think..."

"But doesn't this mean I'll die? At either Venion or Cale's hands, nonetheless..." 

He paused his banging and quietly stared at the ground. He clicked his tongue. "I don't like the sound of being someone's slave a second time."

After a few passing back and forth through the 5 stages of grief, Kang Cheonji finally arrived at acceptance.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll follow the words of Cale. I'll live a slacker life, and do everything opposite of what he does. I'll become a wanderer. I'll help this county thrive before leaving so that I don't have to worry about anything after I leave! I'll forfeit my rights to succession, too!" Suddenly, Cheonji's optimism devolved into a miserable sigh. "If I have someone to pass the job to, that is... Please tell me Neo had a sibling or something. How do I even run away from the grasp of Venion? That bastard..."

There were tons of obstacles to Cheonji's plans, but he's determined to see them through.

First, he needed to request a meeting with his father. 

Knock knock.

"Come in."

"Viscount, it's me." Neo closed the door and slightly bowed as a sign of courtesy before the viscount spoke with an inviting smile.

"Why are you so formal? Speak casually. We are in the premises of our own home."