Final Aftermath: The Magi and The Youkai

Start from the beginning

While his words stung, I couldn't entirely blame him. He was clearly overwhelmed, frightened, and grappling with a reality he never sought.

"You know. I could never live this place."

I told him as he got up and sat upright.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I can't leave Kyoto, I'm connected to the leylines in which all the spritual power in Kyoto flows through. As such, I can't go out of here for, not for too long at least. And if I die as a ressult, that could cause the entire city to destabilize."

I explained to him.

"So as much as I want to see the world. I can't really go anywhere."

As I revealed this, Ahmad seemed to grasp the gravity of my situation.

"Oh... I see," he responded, his tone now tinged with sympathy and comprehension.

End Of P.O.V

Once again, Ahmad grappled with the notion that his concerns might come off as selfish and unfeeling. While he had every right to be angry and disoriented, he couldn't simply disregard the struggles of those around him. Just like him, they were facing their own challenges, and some of them might be even more daunting than his own.

"I'm sorry about that," Ahmad offered, a note of contrition in his voice. Yasaka responded with a gentle chuckle.

"Actually, I don't mind it as much."

Yasaka rose from her seated position and extended her hand toward the doctor. Although hesitant at first, Ahmad eventually reached out and clasped her hand. Together, they stepped out of the house, their joined hands drawing curious gazes from the other Youkai in the vicinity.

Yasaka took Ahmad on a tour of various parts of UraKyoto, the pocket dimension of Youkai within Kyoto, showcasing the city's breathtaking wonders. They explored temples, statues, traditional cultural monuments, and reveled in the rural charm and aesthetics of the place. It was a tranquil experience, and Ahmad had the chance to interact with some of the Youkai residents. While his humanity initially set him apart, Yasaka's presence smoothed his interactions, allowing him to connect with the locals.

During his time in UraKyoto, Ahmad learned about different types of Youkai: Nekomata, Oni, Nue, Kappa, Kerasu-Tengu. As a non-Japanese speaker, their names felt like tongue-twisters to him, eliciting laughter from the locals and even Yasaka herself.

In the end, Ahmad understood why she had taken him on this brief 30-minute tour.

"I see..."

"That's right," Yasaka affirmed. "I may not be able to venture out like you do, and I carry the weight of leadership responsibilities. However, I find plenty of adventure right here at home."

She concluded her words with a warm smile, and Ahmad couldn't help but smile in return. It reminded him of Asia Argento, who, like Yasaka, hadn't chosen her circumstances yet managed to make the most of them, leading a fulfilling life despite the challenges.

"Thank you," Ahmad expressed sincerely. "You've shown me something valuable today. And I believe I owe someone an apology."

He was referring to Asia, realizing that he might have upset her by leaving without a word. While he still hadn't forgiven the kidnappers, he felt compelled to act more considerately for Asia's sake.

"Hey, could you also help me with something else?" Ahmad asked, scratching his head.

He proceeded to recount his incredible journey, detailing how he ended up in this mysterious place. He spoke of his escape from Sona's grasp and the discovery of his newfound powers, invoking ancient Arabian gods. Yasaka, drawing upon her knowledge of humans and their supernatural abilities, recognized this as a sacred gear. Yet, what puzzled her was the fact that he possessed three of them, a phenomenon she had never encountered before. This anomaly hinted at an unknown lineage, shrouded in mystery.