epilogue

Two weeks had passed since Franny's passing, and every day felt like a challenge for Shaun. He could only blame himself for what happened to her. He knew he should've convinced her but he also knew that she still would've found a way around his objections.

Franny was stubborn, kind and beautiful, but now all that Shaun and Katie had left of the young woman was their memory.

The journey back to the states was quiet. Shaun and Katie didn't know what to say to each other.

Franny's mother was waiting for their arrival after hearing the devastating news.

A freak boating accident, that was the best thing they could come up with. Franny's mother walked up to both Shaun and Katie pulling them into a big hug. The two friends could feel the wet tears spilling into their shoulders and their's spilling into Fran's mom shoulder's.

"I'm so sorry." Shaun says

"You couldn't have done anything Shaun. It was an accident, no one expects these things to happen." She says.

It pained him not being able to fully tell her the truth but it was the best for everyone. A security guard proceeded to walk towards the three individuals with none other than Franny's father. He then motions both parents to follow him.

"You two go home and get some rest. I'll have more details about her funeral soon." Franny's mom chokes out.

Shaun never relaxed his body had been tense the entire flight home. Katie tugged on him and they made their way out of the airport. They make their way to Shaun's apartment first, Katie was worried about him and didn't want to leave him alone.

Shaun had lost his first love and his best friend, all he could think about was that they never even got the chance to go on their first date.

He had the whole thing planned out, he would pick her up from her apartment, bring her her favorite flowers red roses, walk her to her favorite restaurant where he had a reservation made, and they would talk and laugh like they would always do. It was going to be a perfect night for the two of them but it was ripped away from the young couple.

Shaun was not only mourning Franny's death but also his father's. He blamed his father for the battle that ensued, the battle that cost the life of his other half but he also felt a great sense of sadness thinking about the man his father used to be without the rings.

He made some piece with that but it was hard when his death was a constant reminder of her.
***
A month had past since Franny's funeral and Shaun barely left his apartment. Katie and Soo would take turns checking on him and bringing him something to eat.

They wanted to help him begin the process of moving on but they would be hypocrites. They themselves hadn't even found the strength in them to move on without her.

Shaun was lost in his thoughts while slowly sitting up from his bed. He had been able to quit his job due to his sister gaining access to their father's funds. She donated a generous amount to her brother and told him to take all the time he needed. Which he is taking full advantage of.

He rubbed his head as a migraine began to pound his brain against his skulls. These had started when she left, some sort of reaction he assumed to the trauma.
Shaun reaches over to his nightstand and opens the drawer. He begins to rummage for the painkillers and grabs them. As he pulls out the medicine, he also manages to grab onto a piece of paper.

He takes one look at it and sees her handwriting addressed to him. He takes in a shaky breath before slowly opening the letter.

Shaun,

I don't hate you, I can see the way you're looking at me. You think that I believe that you're some kind of monsters but you could never be. You saved me today on the bus, and although my fear seemed directed towards your fighting skill it wasn't. I was fearful of losing the one person that I truly ever loved, I was afraid that he was a fraud, someone that was undercover or in hiding that would disappear from my life. I know you couldn't be capable of it but the past pain of being abandoned crept up on me as I learned new things about you today.

You're packing up some essentials before we get on that plane and I didn't know how to best express these feelings to you. It was easier to write and maybe I'll give it you once we return home. Whatever is going on Shaun, Katie and I are here to help you get through it. You are our friend, our family, my love. We're in this together no matter the cost.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly on our overseas trip  and we can continue to go on more adventures. What if I pitched you to the avengers? Just kidding but wouldn't that be cool. Alright, it sounds like your coming back, we're gonna head out soon.

Keep fighting for what you believe in, continue to protect those who can't protect themselves and just be you.

I love you so much.

Francisca

That's the end of  Who Are You. I really hope that you all enjoyed this little story. I'm interested in making some one shots so if that's something you would like to request shoot me a message!

Thanks again for reading and be sure to share it with friends!!

Resident Evil fans I'm still working on my Leon Kennedy trilogy if you would like to check it out as well!!