9~the battle

The sun began to shine through the cabin and creeps it way up the bed. Franny eyes fluttered open as a cool breeze made its way through the blankets. Her bare skin could feel the soft fabric sprawled out on top of her.

She tried to get up but soon felt herself in the arms of none other than Shaun. He snores softly exhausted from the previous nights activities. Franny and Shaun needed to express how much they loved and cared for each other. How it was just them together and they did not have to think about what had happened the past week prior. Franny smiles softly to herself as she remembers how amazing and gentle Shaun was. She didn't feel pressured, nervous or scared. She felt safe with him and he her. Everything between them was natural, as if they were made for one another.
Franny manages to turn her body to face the sleeping man next to her. She gently runs her fingers through his hair which causes him to stir. He opens one eye and then the other leading into a big smile.

"Good morning" He says.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"Don't apologize, I'm sure people would start wondering where we are."

"And by people you mean our loud mouth best friend who would surely grab the villager's attention if she were to walk in on us right now."

Shaun laughs at the comment and slowly leans in to place a soft kiss on Franny's lips. They pull away and embrace one another, as if this would be their last one.

"I love you Franny, I've always have." Franny smiles

"I love you too Shaun. More than anything."
He places one more kiss to the girl's forehead and begins to shuffle around the bed.

Franny gets up as well and begins to scramble for a change of clothes so she can get a quick shower in. Shaun begins to put on his clothes from yesterday and takes a look outside.

"Looks like everyone's already awake and training." He mentions.

"Really?"

"Yeah. They're getting ready to face him, but I couldn't let that burden fall on them." He says.

"Shaun, I want to help."

"What?"

"I want to help you fight."

"No, no way. I couldn't risk losing you."

"You won't because you're going to teach me how to defend myself and fight."

"Franny, you've never had any training what so ever, and my dad could be here within an hour."

"Or a week from now." Franny replies back.

"It's still not enough time to have you properly trained."

"I don't need it, I just need to know how to counter attacks."

"Franny these are trained assassins, there's no way I'm letting you and Katie fight in this. Out of the question."

***

Just stay towards the back with Katie, don't get into a fight you can't win. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you. I love you and please be safe.

I love you too.

"Let me pass." Shaun's dad spoke to the army standing before him.

"We cannot do that" answered Shaun's aunt.

Both sides readied themselves, one preparing to attack, the other prepared to defend.

Katie and Franny stood close to the back. Franny holding her baton tightly as Katie prepared her bow.
Francesca was scared shitless but she knew Shaun needed her to be strong. She wanted to be strong for
him and help him save the only thing that he felt was connected to his mother.