3~reminiscing

Franny, Katy and Shaun were walking out of the restaurant where they had dinner with Soo. The trio laughed about how Soo thought that they were simply running away from their adulthood.

"Soo can't even parallel park!" Shaun chuckles

"It's getting late guys." Franny points out.

"Yeah we should probably do the responsible thing and go to bed early," says Shaun.

"Yeah, yeah we could do that.. orrr" Franny and Shaun look at one another knowing the night that's going to be in store for them.

Time skip brought to you by America's 🍑

Somehow Franny managed to not get completely wasted and get back to her apartment. Shaun walked her home and the two discussed when and where they should go out for their first date. Franny practically knew Shaun and he her, so it felt as if they would be hanging out with each other, just without Katy.

Franny was very excited to begin this new romantic journey with him. Nothing was official yet as the two agreed that they would take everything slow. Never in a million years did Francisca think she would have the life she had now, let alone any friends.

Francisca walks over to her kitchen cabinet to grab a wine glass and grabs her moscato out of the fridge. She walks over to her bathroom where she starts to run a bath. She decided to relax a little before resting up for her shift in the morning. She gets in the tub as it fills and tosses in one of her bath bombs. A rose aroma begins to linger as she pours a glass of wine reflecting on her life.

She grew up with no money, her parents refused to get her new clothes but we're glad to show off the new luxury car they purchased. Their home slowly rotted away and Francisca would count the days until the 50 inch tv would give way to the deterioration. She was even surprised the glass windows held up when her father raised his voice at both his wife and daughter. The few friends she did have in her childhood came over once and feared the family they had met. She then refused to hang out with anyone else. Loneliness hurt way less than being abandoned.

It was seventh grade, Francisca had managed to avoid all friendships. Her living conditions had worsened when her father began to disappear only to return days later. Her mother was always working to keep up with the debt her and her father built up. The house was basically on its last crutch and their refrigerator was pretty much empty. The young girl was sitting at a lunch table all alone when Katy took notice. Katy was curious as to why the curly haired girl only brought a single pudding cup for lunch. Why did she sit alone? Why did she never talk? Katy then made it her mission to befriend this girl because she intrigued her.

At first, Francisca found it weird that this girl would come out of nowhere and start blabbing the lyrics to Aladdin. She then questioned Francisca's knowledge to Disney movies and Francisca said she didn't know any of them.

"Oh. My. God! Then you have to come over to chill at my place. We'll do an entire marathon of Disney movies!" Katy exclaimed. Francesca was about to politely reject her offer until Katy wrote down all her info and where to meet her after school the next day. "See you tomorrow, curly!" She yelled as the bell rang for classes to resume. The rest was history.

Then of course there was Shaun. Francesca smiled just thinking about the day she met him. Freshman year of high school. Katy and Francesca had been arrangements to watch Monster's University at the theatre that week. The two girls had turned the corner when they noticed the new kid about to get pulverized by a known bully. Katy and Francesca looked at each other and nodded knowing what their mission was. Katy ran up between the two boys while Franny tiptoed around to pickpocket the loser's car keys. The thief then joined Katy to have a grand finale of their rendition of Hotel California, only to be met with looks of confusion from the bully and the boy they defended.

The bully walked away not knowing what to do and Katy and Franny decided to induct an innocent into their chaotic world. The boy seemed hesitant at first and then introduced himself to the girls. Franny and Shaun were attached to the hip as the years grew. She found it easy to confide in him because they both had the desire to run away from their families. Give or take four years and they managed to do so. Sure they didn't go to college but they were happy with their jobs. They were happy with their life, and now they were happy with each other.

The day Francesca fell in love with Shaun would be the day she would never forget. The two had been out for lunch while Katy was in a class. They had been laughing and goofing off the entire time. It was then she really started to notice him. She noticed how he would genuinely listen to her when she needed to talk, how he would cheer her on in scene her darkest moments, how he would laugh at every single one of her jokes and how much he paid attention to her likes. He would sometimes show randomly with a dish she enjoyed, or pick up boba tea for the both of them and go on walks. It was the little things that were big things for her.

She still had her doubts though. What if things didn't work out? What if they rush into things after they said they would take things slow? She knew these questions only arose due to her past but they were still hard to suppress.

Franny didn't realize how much time had passed reminiscing. She had checked her phone to see a message from Shaun and another from Katy.

Shaun
goodnight sleeping beauty, I'll see you tomorrow. <3
sent 12:04 AM

goodnight <3
1:30 AM

Katy
Hey mom remind me to take my deodorant with me, it's getting hot again

"Oh Katy" Franny thought as she dried herself off and dressed in a baggy t-shirt. She crawled into bed and set her alarms. She couldn't wait to see and spend some time with Shaun at work. Shaun and Franny agreed that we'd go see a movie and grab some boba for our official first date together and Franny was excited. Pushing her negative thoughts back, Franny told herself she deserved this. The life she had, Katy and now the possibility of being with Shaun. Franny couldn't wait to see what their future together would look like and how much they would grow with each other as time went on.