8~ a new world

After meeting Trevor and his previously thought to be hallucinated companion, Morris, the group escaped from the ten rings compound. They sat waiting in the stolen vehicle for the path to open to Ta Lo. Katy and Trevor carried a conversation while Franny was stuck between Shawn and his sister.

She looked over to the short haired woman next to her then back to Shawn. Neither one of them said a word and it began to make her uncomfortable. She thought of something to say to ease the still tension of the two siblings. Just as Franny was about to open her mouth, Trevor gave Katie the signal to enter the forest.

A path began clear for the car, however Franny noticed that as they went further it seemed as the forest was following them.

"Katy, you may need to speed up," said Franny.

"Why?"

"Step on it!" Shaun yelled at her.

Katy had finally took notice of what her friends were discussing. Franny felt her chest begin to tighten as the forest trees began to close in on them. Soon enough the trees had caught up and the path ahead began to diminish slowly. She grabbed onto Shaun and closed her eyes as the engined revved. Katy floored it and got the group through the killer forest.

"Franny, we're okay. You can open your eyes now." Shaun said.

When she opened them, the car was making its way through a waterfall. As they continued a portal opened for them which led them into a new world.

The sun shined bright onto the green blades on the ground. An animal that looks like a green horse, Shaun said it's a Qilin. It was beautiful to Franny though, everything about this world was magical.

The car began to drive up to a village where many people were beginning to gather. They held their weapons unsure of what the new group was capable of.

The group but Trevor exited the vehicle while Shaun made the first attempt to speak with the leader. He then introduced Katy and Franny only to be met with hostility.

However, the group relaxed once a woman emerged. She was tall and beautiful and had features similar to Shaun and his sister. When she introduced herself to them, she embraced each of the members with a hug. Shaun later explained to Franny that the woman was his aunt and that she had been waiting for them to visit.

Katy and Franny had gotten separated from Shaun and Xialing when they decided to help a woman carry some arrows. There they were giving crossbows and began training alongside the others.

Franny enjoyed her weapon, there was something about the bow and arrow that intrigued her. She would draw back as hard as she could fighting against the tension. She felt the pain in her arm due to it fighting back but there was a relief once the arrow was set free. It glided through the sky perfectly landing on the bullseye.

She felt as though it was a reference to her life, this tension that has been building up between her and Shaun had been causing pain for both of them. Although she had forgiven him in the cave, she felt that her reactions were still on his mind and it was her job to help Shaun release his tension on the matter.

Franny loved him, she knew that, she was also afraid of him. Because all though he would never physically hurt her, there's always that chance in relationships where heartbreak ultimately comes their way.

She thought it had been his secrets, his previous life of an assassin, or even his fight on the bus that frightened. It was far from that. Franny realized her true fear lied in losing Shaun himself. Entering into a relationship and changing the dynamic would hurt if things were to go badly. However she knew that couldn't happen. Her thoughts said otherwise.

***

During dinner, Shaun had excused himself for a walk outside after he ate. Franny wasn't worried and knew he would need his space to take in everything that had been thrown his way. Especially the history of his mother and her village, which is now his and his sister's home.

However, five minutes turned into thirty and Franny decided to excuse herself as well to check up on him. She steeped into the soft grass and watched as the moon illuminated across the lake. She noticed the shadow of him and began walking towards him. He turns his head slightly acknowledging he heard her approach but turned back towards the water. Franny slowly sat next to him.

"No more secrets?" He said.

"No more secrets, Shaun." Franny said

"Do you hate me, Franny?" He asks, she looks at him confused.

"No, I love you." She says

"You should.." He doesn't move and continues to stare straight into the darkness's

"Shaun, I could never-"

"I'm not who you think I am. I thought I could change my name, start a new life, pretend like it never happened, but... she would hate the person I become. You should hate the person I truly am." He admits.

"Shaun, love, your dad trained you to be an assassin since you were a kid, sent you to murder someone at fourteen. That is not your fault, it's seriously messed on your dad's part." She says

"He's the reason my mom is dead, he put you and Katy in harms way." Shaun's say. He mumbles something under his breath that Franny couldn't catch.

"What are you say-"

"I'm gonna do what he trained me to do. I'm gonna kill him." Franny could feel the heaviness of what Shaun had just said. He was hurting and she was hurting for him. Shaun stood up and began to walk to there sleeping area. Franny immediately stood up and followed. They make it inside the hut where he's starting to move the blankets around.

"Shaun, wait." He stops and she walks around to face him. The tears are glistening in his eyes but are refusing to fall.

He doesn't want to do this but in his mind there is no other choice. She looks at him and slowly reaches her hand up. Her way of comforting him like she's always done. He breathes out and slowly sits down on their bed.

"You don't have to do this Shaun. When the time comes all you have to do is stop him. Convince that your mom is not back there. You won't be able to live with yourself if you take your father's life. That's something you won't be able to come back from. When my father was disappearing I felt like that I was losing him forever. That is the worst feeling you could ever have about a parent. I know you know this because of your mom, but adding your father into that. I can't let you. I can't let you hurt yourself this way, love." Franny confesses to him.

He looks up at her and their eyes meet. He knows she's right, that's the one thing about Franny that Shaun loved about her. She knew him better than anyone, she saw a side to him that not Katy got to see. She was his other half, his conscious and she knew she was right about his decision. However, he knew his father. He knew he was dangerous which is why Shaun had to be the one to keep the world out of his harm. Keep Franny out of his harm.

"I have to, Fran." He whispers, she was about to say something else but he stops her with a kiss.

They pull away and look at one another once more. Franny caresses his hair as Shaun leans in for another kiss. They continue this and they begin to become desperate for one another. Shaun slightly pushes her down onto the bed where they truly begin to show each other how much love they have one another.

*****
A/N
It's been... a while. I'll probs be wrapping this story up soon, hope you enjoyed! ☺️