Synopsis

In the aftermath of the brutal Dance of the Dragons, Aemond Targaryen ascends to the Iron Throne after the death of his brother, Aegon. However, his rule is marred by a haunting absence—a male heir. Aemond's desperation leads him down a dark path as he marries and subsequently executes a string of wives for failing to provide him with a son. Rumors of treason surround the women, but it's clear that anger and despair fuel Aemond's actions.

Amidst this turmoil, his council proposes a solution: Aemond should wed the last surviving child of his late rival, Rhaenyra Targaryen—her daughter, Aemma. However, Aemma nurses a deep hatred for Aemond, a man she sees as responsible for her family's downfall. She is determined to resist this arranged marriage by any means necessary.

Aemond's council, knowing that the stability of the realm depends on this union, advises him to employ charm and seduction to win Aemma's heart. At first, Aemond reluctantly agrees, seeing it as a political necessity. But as he spends time with the strong-willed Aemma, he begins to see beyond the facade of his own ambition. Slowly, a genuine connection forms between them, and Aemond realizes that love can be more powerful than the thirst for power and revenge.

"Salvation" is a tale of redemption and love in a post-Dance of the Dragons Westeros, where a hardened king discovers his humanity in the most unexpected of places—the heart of his fiercest rival's daughter.