Chapter Fourteen

Keiko is laying on Leah's wolf in the clearing in the woods at dawn to watch the Cullens train. Sam wants the pack to watch form the sidelines today and train the other ones. Keiko is laying on her back wearing a thin romper. She's going thin because Leah's wolf heat is 108°F.

Keiko keeps wanting to dose off but Leah growls when the others do every time Keiko's eyes close.

"Mind-Reader? Which shifter isn't growling?" Keiko asks bitterly.

Edward chuckles. "Jared," he says.

Keiko slides off of Leah and she walks over to Jared. "Can I nap on your wolf?"

"He said to go ahead," Edward says.

Keiko watches as Jared lowers to the ground and Keiko gets on. She lays down and she hums in content at the warmth.

'I don't know how Bella does it,' Keiko thinks to Edward. 'Cuddling with a vampire... Doesn't she get cold?"

Edward smirks. "Yes, she does get cold," he replies and Bella looks at him and sees he's glancing at a sleepy Keiko. "But not all of us have a pack of personal heaters."

Keiko snickers. 'Ahhh. Wouldn't that be nice, though? Don't you ever wish you were human again?"

"All the time," Edward replies meaningfully and everyone glances at him. "I think they want to get started."

'Nap time,' Keiko thinks and Edward smirks as her thoughts stop.

"Edward, will you translate for the wolves now?" Carlisle asks. He won't ask what he and Keiko were talking about because it's none of his business.

"Yes," Edward replies and the training starts.
******

Keiko wakes up while they're on the move. She's still on Jared's wolf, she realizes as she sits up and looks around. Jared looks over his shoulder when he feels movement before he turns around and keeps at a steady pace while Keiko takes in her surroundings.

"Did I sleep through the entire practice?" Keiko asks and Jared nods. "Did it go well?"

Jared nods and they emerge from the trees at Sam and Emily's. Leah walks over and helps her imprint off of Jared and hugs her close. Keiko relaxes into Leah's arms with a loving smile and Jared goes to shift and dress in the bushes before they all head inside to discuss training plans.