Chapter 6 Atlas At Last Part 1

Ruby's POV:

Penny gasped as she fell to the ground. She looked around frantically and worriedly. She looked at us, then at her hands, completely horrified.

"Penny, what was that?" Ironwood demanded.

"I don't know," Penny said, trying to get her thoughts together.

"What do you mean you don't know!?"

"I don't know, sir! I just remember hearing the mutant say a code, and then he was gone, and I was here!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"I don't know, sir," Penny sounded like she was about to cry, "I really don't know. I don't remember anything that happened!"

"You don't know? YOU DON'T KNOW!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?"

Penny cowered on the ground in complete terror.

"Wait!" I said, getting between them, "Maybe we can jog her memory somehow. Maybe we...... can activate the override thingie again and ask her!"

"But Ruby," whined Penny.

"I know it was scary, but we need to know how that guy did that?!"

"OK, just don't hurt anyone else. The election party was bad enough."

"OK, Penny, command override sequence."

Nothing happened.

"Command override sequence!" yelled Ironwood, but still nothing happened.

"Command code, uh, s01 or something!"

"Or something?!"

"I don't remember what he said!"

"It's not working," whined Penny, "whatever happened last time isn't happening!"

Ironwood yelled in rage, making me hold onto Penny nervously. The other huntsmen (and some drones) also looked worried.

"This damned mutant!" yelled Ironwood, "he shows up out of nowhere and causes a mess, injures one of my best huntsmen-"

"Aw," said Harriet.

"He destroys our airship fleet, ruins our dust excavation, makes a mess of the city, hijacks one of my machines-"

Penny looked hurt.

"Wrecks havoc in the city and steals my gem! That's it; we're all going to Atlas to have a talk with Pietro about what the hell just happened here! Only he and I can give override commands to military property like that. How did this, this, this child gain access to one of my machines?"

"But sir," said Caroline, rushing up to him with a clipboard, "we still need to do a dust excavation; we found a new location-"

"THAT CAN WAIT!" Ironwood yelled.

Caroline winced, and the twins held her together.

"Any dust-related operations are to be postponed until we return from Atlas!"

"Uh Ren," I heard Nora whisper, "you wanna?" she nodded towards Ironwood.

"Yeah, I think I should," Ren replied.

He put his hand on the ground and used his semblance to calm down Ironwood. The general began taking deeper breaths as he slowly began to relax.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, rubbing his head, "I didn't mean to get so angry."