Chapter 11: What Do You Want?

Start from the beginning

"Lucius told you?"

She nodded and my eyes found Lucius and Narcissa standing together a few feet away.

"Who else did you tell?" I hissed.

"No one, Y/n! I promise! I just thought she could help you!"

"What didn't you tell me, Lucius?" my father hissed as he slithered toward Lucius. I could see Narcissa's hands shaking as he approached and Lucius clutched her tighter, lifting his chin and locking his jaw, despite the fear in his eyes. I squeezed Bella's hand before making my way over to them.

"Well?" my father hissed just as I stepped between them, his gaze still entirely focused on Lucius.

"I asked him not to!" I spat angrily as I stared my father down. "Step. Away." I carefully enunciated each word and my father's eyes narrowed, though not at me. He was looking beyond me, staring at Lucius and Narcissa as I moved to block his view of them. "Stand down!" I hissed and finally he backed off somewhat. "I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't understand and because honestly, Tom... I don't know that I can trust you."

He seemed confused. "But you're here."

"I'm here... and I'm trying. I want to trust you... more than anything... but you have to understand... " I trailed off, trying to find the right words. "I-I've never been wanted... not by anyone... not until I came to Hogwarts. It wasn't until I met Severus and the Malfoys that I finally realized maybe someone could love me... that perhaps I could have a family that wanted me. But for the first 11 years of my life I had no one! Being wanted... it's not something I'm used to, Tom. Ask Severus," I chuckled darkly, turning to the man in question, who simply smiled at me, his eyes soft and filled with love. "Ask him how many times we've struggled because I felt he was only with me out of an obligation to you!" I hissed.

"Daughter... is this true? Y-you truly felt I would send Severus to you? My sweet child... what could I possibly gain from that?"

"Power."

His lips pressed into a thin line, knowing I was right.

"I would never do that... not to you. You are my daughter, Y/n, and I know that may not mean much coming from me but I mean it, sweetheart. You are home now and I promise nothing will ever hurt you again."

I could feel my skin growing warm again and when I looked down I could see my skin glowing a light blue, slowly growing darker by the minute. No. Not here, please.

"Sev," I murmured, turning to face him. His eyes widened as he took in the sight of my skin. He quickly crossed the room and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It's alright, love. It's alright," he soothed.

"Damn it," Lucius muttered, before turning to the others in the room. "Everyone else out!" he shouted. The Death Eaters hesitated, looking around at each other.

"You heard him!" my father shouted. "OUT!"

They quickly scurried out of the room as my father turned to Severus.

"M-my Lord?" Bella questioned.

"He said everyone, Bella!" my father hissed.

"No... i-it's alright." My breaths were heavy as I spoke. "She can stay."

My father nodded and Bella relaxed. Lucius approached us and Severus loosened his grip slightly, allowing Lucius room to see me.

"Hey, sweetheart." Lucius smiled softly at me as I clutched Severus tightly, burying my face in his chest.

"Leave me alone," I hissed.

"Lucius," my father warned, his voice low and dangerous.

"Forgive me, my Lord... I assure you I can help her... even if she doesn't want me to."

"Severus?" my father questioned.

Severus nodded above me, his chin gently brushing the top of my head. This seemed to calm my father as I saw him nod from the corner of my eye, allowing Lucius to continue.

"Y/n... you know I would never hurt you... not intentionally. Look at me, sweetheart."

I cautiously looked up at him as my skin began burning. I looked down, noticing how swirls of red began spreading up my arm, blending with the blue and creating a deep purple glow along my skin once again.

"This isn't going to simply go away, sweetheart... not if you don't deal with it." He gently lifts my chin before taking my hand in his but I quickly pull away.

"That could kill you."

He shakes his head softly. "You won't hurt me, Y/n. I promise you... everything will be fine. Just take my hand... Please... let me help you. Let me fix this."

His eyes were filled with sorrow and I knew he wasn't simply begging to fix this situation but our friendship as a whole. A thick layer of ice had formed between us ever since that night my father returned and we'd been unable to thaw it... or rather I'd been unwilling to thaw it. I felt a pull at the back of my mind and I struggled to put up my walls, trying to block out whoever it was as I looked around the room.

"Lucius... are you inside my head?"

Lucius shook his head. "That didn't work out too well last time so I'm trying a different approach."

My eyes widened as I fought harder to keep the intruder at bay. "Then who the hell is inside my head?"