My eyes continue to roam her features, getting to see her up close in the fluorescent lights. I can't get over how her nose is different, but maybe it's just because of the makeup. Her eyebrows are thinner than they used to be, but her lips are just as plump as I remember. She's the same but not the same all at once. And as I look up at her forehead, I realize I can't see the scar in her hairline anymore. The makeup must be covering it.

I valley down to her collarbone, looking for the other scar. But it's not there. I remember the other night I couldn't see it either, but it was dark. Now I really can't see it. I don't know if it's surgically removed, covered up, or healed. I want to ask, but I don't want her to shell up.

"Why are you staring at me?" She turns her head again.

I smile, meeting her angelic blue eyes.

"Because you're pretty," I admit. "And your nose is different."

She furrows her brows.

"Sorry?"

"I had to say it." I laugh to lighten the situation.

"You're gonna call me pretty then point out my nose?"

"I didn't say it's an ugly nose." I defend, throwing my arm over her shoulders. "You had a beautiful nose then and a beautiful nose now."

She looks like she wants to be mad, but I can tell she's holding back a glimmer of something soft. She won't let herself show it though. She'll never admit she finds me funny.

"It's the same nose if you must know." She takes my arm off of her.

"Liar." I smile in amusement. "You don't think I know your nose?"

"Apparently not."

We arrive at the stop, making me get up and put a fork in the conversation. "We're here."

She gets up and looks at the map, following me out.

"Greenwich?"

"Give me your phone." I hold my hand out.

"Why?"

"Well, you don't want to be traced, right?" I keep my hand out. "No service on the subway, remember?"

She huffs and hands me her phone.

I look around at people clearing out, running the phone over to the garbage can and hiding it underneath.

"Gross."

"No one will find it here. And we'll grab it on our way back." I shrug, heading towards the exit. I pull out my cigarettes and put one between my lips.

"I'm not taking another step until you tell me where we're going." She says in the distance.

I turn back at her stubbornly standing there with her arms crossed.

"A walk, Aven." I articulate between the stick, lighting it. "I'll even give you a cigarette if you cooperate."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"What am I to you?"

I grin and walk up until we're eye to eye, I take the cigarette from my mouth and put it between her glossy lips. My arms wrap around her lower back, pressing her against me and looking down at her angelic face.

"Better?"

She delicately wraps her lips around the filter and sucks it enough to make the tip burn orange. Her controlling eyes gleam into mine with tease. Pulling the cigarette out, she lets the smoke sit in her chest before softly blowing it in my face with attitude. I breathe in the second hand, it literally makes me starve for her like an animal. I clench my teeth with my smile.