"He definitely has an active imagination." Alison smirked to herself. "No wonder why Paige listens to him."

"But that's the point." Emma cut in. "I can't talk him out of his beliefs, so we need to show him. Play along, do what he says and then maybe, just maybe-"

"He'll see that fairy tales are just that-hat there's no such thing as love at first sight or first kiss. He'll see reality." Mary Margaret agreed.

"Something like that."

Alison looked between the two and replied, "Well...it is a genius plan. We just need him to get to the truth without hurting him."

"I told him that we will all meet tomorrow for breakfast at Granny's." Emma then pointed to Mary Margaret and continued, "And you will give a full report."

Mary Margaret sighed and replied, "Well, I suppose I'll get ready for my date. I guess I'll have to do all the talking."

Past

Two young children, a boy and a girl, ran across a grassy field, carrying wooden mallets. They laughed when the boy smacked a red ball through one of six hoops in the ground. Their mother sat on a blanket, watching them with glee.

David smiled at the memory of him and his sister playing croquet. He still couldn't believe how much his sister was growing up. She used to cling to him like a puppy seeking attention. No matter what she did, he always smiled at her antics and her behavior. When he led the sheep inside the fence, he went inside the barn to put his cane away, letting it hang on one of the hooks to finish his day as the sun slowly set.

Something red caught his eye in the corner of the room, so he went over to it and shook his head with a grin as he held the ball from his memories, twirling it in his hand. There were also the two mallets, but they were much smaller now since they were built for children. Perhaps someday he would teach his children how to play croquet or maybe even teach Alice's children. No. He shook his head, not wanting to think about Alice having a family so early in life, especially if she'll have a family before him. He can't even imagine the man who'll be good enough for his sister.

He brushed the thought away and put the tools back. When he headed back to his home, his grin soon faded into a frown when she was gazing out into the woods. David rushed over to her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"It's Alice. She-She's not back yet."

David held her arms to calm her down as he replied, "Maybe she's heading back right now."

"No no no no. She knows not to stay there too long. I'm really worried." Whenever Alice went with her mother to sell some sweets, they would always take the same path and arrive just before the sun set. "We have to go find her."

"No." David said in a hurry, stopping her. "I'll go look for her. You stay here, in case she comes back. Alright?"

As soon as his mother nodded, he set off into the woods to find his sister. He was only hoping that she was safe and heading back home for losing track of time. She would get scolded, but it would be better than getting hurt.

When there was no sign of her, David cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted, "Ali!"

His eyes nearly widened when he saw a tipped over basket and sugar coated pastries on the ground, so he ran over to it and knelt down to inspect it. He stood back up with the basket, thinking the worst had happened.

Present

Emma, Paige, Henry, and Alison all sat a table together in Granny's diner.

"Thanks for the shirt. Hey, is this your mother's?" Emma addressed her son.