Chapter 1

Alice/Alison Shepherd portrayed by Ashley Benson

_________________________________________

Once Upon A Time, there was an enchanted forest filled with all the classic characters we know. Or think we know. One day they found themselves trapped in a place where all their happy endings were stolen. Our World. This is how it happened.

Past

A lavish wedding took place in a castle as the bride and groom stood in front of the priest to say the words, "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

The audience cheered when the newlyweds kissed. No one was more happier than the groom's younger sister, Alice. She stood at the front bench with her daughter Grace, clapping for the happy couple. Everyone commented how much Grace looked so much like her mother with their sun kissed hair. The only difference between the two was that Alice had blue eyes, while Grace's eyes were light brown. However, David did say that when the light hit her eyes just right, they turned blueish-green.

Everything was pure bliss until The Evil Queen entered by shoving the doors aside using her magic. Everyone stopped clapping to see what the commotion was. Some of the audience members gasped, and others held onto their loved ones. When Alice and Grace saw her, Grace clutched her mother's hand, while Alice wrapped her arm to provide her daughter some comfort, especially since the Queen was the reason why she lost her husband and why her daughter no longer had a father in her life.

"Sorry I'm late."

When she strutted across the room with her skirt trailing behind her, she dispelled the guards with magic, while one of the dwarves shouted, "It's the Queen! Run!"

Alice's sister-in-law, Snow White, glared daggers at her stepmother before she reached for her husband's sword at his hip, drew it, and pointed it at the villainous Queen, exclaiming, "She's not a Queen anymore! She's nothing more than an evil witch!"

"No no no, don't stoop to her level, there's no need." David lowered the sword before he turned his attention back to Regina. "You're wasting your time. You've already lost. And I will not let you ruin this wedding."

The Evil Queen smirked as she replied, "Oh, I haven't come here to ruin anything. On the contrary, dear, I've come to give you a gift."

"We want nothing for you." Snow said.

"But you shall have it. My gift to you is this happy, happy day. For tomorrow, my real work begins." Her words forced Grace to glance at her mother with concern as the Queen continued, "You've made your vows, now I make mine. Soon, everything you love, everything all of you love, will be taken from you. Forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory. I shall destroy your happiness, if it is the last thing I do."

When she turned to walk away, Alice's heart thumped wildly in her chest over the threat the Evil Queen gave. Alice lost her husband to the villain, she will be damned if she lost her daughter too.